Frank Peters
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so im changing name by deed poll.

but its asking for one of the following which as the new name: bank statement, drivers licence, utility bill

but how can i get one of those with the new name when it usually requires u to show them your new passport first for verification
kkavinaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
BRO WHAT BRO WHAT ..... I- driver licence
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Frank Peters)

but its asking for one of the following which as the new name: bank statement, drivers licence, utility bill

but how can i get one of those with the new name when it usually requires u to show them your new passport first for verification
Why are you changing your name?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Be specific. Who is asking you for those documents?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
bank statement, drivers licence, utility bill

It usually requires u to show them your new passport first for verification
I have all 3 of those and have never had my own passport.
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Most banks will accept either just the deed poll or the statutory declaration alone, either one should be sufficient. You can then can get a statement under your new name to prove the link between both names (unless you don't have a bank account). I'm pretty sure the DVLA only need the deed poll as well, you'll need to fill out a new D1 form under your new name.
Frank Peters
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Be specific. Who is asking you for those documents?
The GOV.UK website when I was doing it online, told me I need one of those letters, my deed poll and also my old passport(I have this)

However, How can I get a bank statement with my new name if the bank would ask for an updated passport as proof
Frank Peters
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedGiant)
Most banks will accept either just the deed poll or the statutory declaration alone, either one should be sufficient. You can then can get a statement under your new name to prove the link between both names (unless you don't have a bank account). I'm pretty sure the DVLA only need the deed poll as well, you'll need to fill out a new D1 form under your new name.
aaa okay thank you!!! I'll do that
Do you think it matters how long I've had the new name on the bank statement for? I need to change my name quickly on my passport because I dont want my old name on my degree certificate and its march already
Frank Peters
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Why are you changing your name?
being a fugitive and running away....... LOL nah, I prefer my nickname that I've always used, and I want that name on my degree certificate and for the rest of my life
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The GOV.UK website when I was doing it online, told me I need one of those letters, my deed poll and also my old passport(I have this)

However, How can I get a bank statement with my new name if the bank would ask for an updated passport as proof
Um, no you don't. Where on the website did you see this requirement?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Are you sure they're not asking for these things in your existing name? That would make far more sense.
Frank Peters
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Um, no you don't. Where on the website did you see this requirement?
attached an image
Attached files
Frank Peters
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Are you sure they're not asking for these things in your existing name? That would make far more sense.
i attached an image from gov.uk
Attached files
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i attached an image from gov.uk
Could you link me to the page? I'm not keen on attachments tbh.

I've had a skim over the gov.uk pages but not seeing any requirement for these, if anything they sound keen on you writing it up yourself and not bothering them.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
attached an image
Oh you're talking about a passport application, not a driving licence? Why's this been posted in Cars and Motoring then?
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Switch a utility bill to be in your new name and use that. You don't need a passport to pay for electricity, gas, internet etc. Also a bank statement would do, and the bank should just require the deed poll.
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll
Frank Peters
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Could you link me to the page? I'm not keen on attachments tbh.

I've had a skim over the gov.uk pages but not seeing any requirement for these, if anything they sound keen on you writing it up yourself and not bothering them.
here Name:  70047732-e87a-4fa3-b72f-7edfdbd2abfe.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  193.6 KB
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That page is for when people are applying for a new passport, though, not for when they are changing their name.

When you look at the guidance on changing names, which of the appropriate steps have you taken already?

I'm surprised that you are going to all this trouble, to be honest.

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
aaa okay thank you!!! I'll do that
Do you think it matters how long I've had the new name on the bank statement for? I need to change my name quickly on my passport because I dont want my old name on my degree certificate and its march already
If you want the University to issue the certificate to a name which isn't the one which you used when you registered for your degree, you would be well advised to ask them what they need in terms of documentation to do that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (205)
43.07%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (71)
14.92%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (192)
40.34%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.68%

Watched Threads