derek landy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I need some help to decide if I want to pick history or geography. to be honest I want to pick geography because I am better at it but then I should pick history because I want to become a lawyer and history has a lot of law based studies.can someone please help me decide.
patrick mpejiwa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
choose history
sunshinehss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I would go with what you're good at, you'll probably enjoy it more. It's only gcse so it shouldn't limit you too much for a level choice.

That being said just double check that you don't need to study a certain subject to be let onto the a level course.

E.g. if I wanted to study psychology at a level, they [the school/6th form etc] might say that I need a B in biology.

All in all you should be fine, as I'm assuming you do English which would qualify as an "EsSaY bAsEd SuBjEcT"
Cant.be.asked
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by derek landy)
I need some help to decide if I want to pick history or geography. to be honest I want to pick geography because I am better at it but then I should pick history because I want to become a lawyer and history has a lot of law based studies.can someone please help me decide.
As someone who is taking history at gcse and has considered law as a career, both is acceptable. When applying for Law degrees, you do not need specific GCSEs or even A Levels. An essay subject is recommended for the amount of essays you probably do at uni. History gcse is very interesting and is my favourite subject at the moment. Do what you enjoy as your grades will matter more
derek landy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Cant.be.asked)
As someone who is taking history at gcse and has considered law as a career, both is acceptable. When applying for Law degrees, you do not need specific GCSEs or even A Levels. An essay subject is recommended for the amount of essays you probably do at uni. History gcse is very interesting and is my favourite subject at the moment. Do what you enjoy as your grades will matter more
thank you so much for your advice I really a appreciate it
gregdixon2021
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
History at GCSE is really interesting even when I wanted to pick Geo a few years ago also. I can't really speak, nor can anyone else on how you will find the course because there are so many different options your school can pick e.g. Medicine + Normans + Russia + Conflict and Tension: Gulf War was the areas our school picked. Its pretty easy to get high grades in if you know how to structure your answers and legit just revise the content (and by that I mean every single sentence given to you because the examiners can give you some very dodgy questions like they did in the medicine course one time)
derek landy
Rep:
?
(Original post by gregdixon2021)
History at GCSE is really interesting even when I wanted to pick Geo a few years ago also. I can't really speak, nor can anyone else on how you will find the course because there are so many different options your school can pick e.g. Medicine + Normans + Russia + Conflict and Tension: Gulf War was the areas our school picked. Its pretty easy to get high grades in if you know how to structure your answers and legit just revise the content (and by that I mean every single sentence given to you because the examiners can give you some very dodgy questions like they did in the medicine course one time)
thanks for the advice
1-800-WAIFU
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do what you're good at as both of them are essay-based subjects which you will need when it comes to doing Law. I actually took History and Geography when I was doing GCSEs and dropped History because I just can't seem to memorize the content. In my opinion, Geography is more easier because as long as you understand, you can answer the question with your understanding compare to History where you have to do a lot of memorization. Also, I am in my Year 12 now and I also want to do Law as my career and I also took Geography as one of my A-Levels and definitely worth it and less difficult compare to History.
derek landy
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1-800-WAIFU)
Do what you're good at as both of them are essay-based subjects which you will need when it comes to doing Law. I actually took History and Geography when I was doing GCSEs and dropped History because I just can't seem to memorize the content. In my opinion, Geography is more easier because as long as you understand, you can answer the question with your understanding compare to History where you have to do a lot of memorization. Also, I am in my Year 12 now and I also want to do Law as my career and I also took Geography as one of my A-Levels and definitely worth it and less difficult compare to History.
ok thank you so much for the advice
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
history has almost no applicable law in it and no gcse is particularly relevant to degree level law anyway - its a gcse!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (165)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.85%

Watched Threads