The Student Room Group

When is it acceptable to go to A and E ?

I have an infected tonsil and other symptoms they are getting worse. My doctor says there’s nothing wrong. So when is it acceptable to go to A and E for an infection like at what stage?
honesty if your in pain then i'd suggest you go
A&E is for life threatening illnesses/ injuries and conditions that need immediate attention.

Ring 111, they will advise you on what to do next.
Original post by Anonymous
I have an infected tonsil and other symptoms they are getting worse. My doctor says there’s nothing wrong. So when is it acceptable to go to A and E for an infection like at what stage?

If your doctor says there is nothing wrong, what makes you think you have an infected tonsil?
Reply 4
It isnt for tonsilitus really, its not a medical emergency.. if rather unpleasant. Listen to your gp or if it changes go back to them for a reappraisal. A&E staff will likely not appreciate wasting their time with a common infection and will fob you off with a box of antibiotics, if that.
Ring 111 if things are getting worse- they'll be able to give you advice and if you need it they can get you an appointment at a walk in centre. Alternatively could you request to see a different doctor at your surgery?

Quick Reply

Latest