I care more about weight loss than school/alevels

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I’m always preoccupied with exercise, thinking about low calorie meals, if i’ll meet my goal by summer, how i look rather than focusing on my alevel. I have my whole life to work on my body and only 3months to get good alevel grades but i cba to revise how can i change my mindset bc i know it’s so bad
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Revise and when you take breaks you can do something health related?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Take breaks when you revise and during that time you can do something health related.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are you struggling with your mental health? What's your mood like?
Anonymous #3
Report 5 months ago
Be careful with becoming too obsessed with dieting and weight loss- honestly I lost so many years and so much fun and education bc of that obsession and it was not worth it at all. I didn't end up hospitalised or having nasty health effects like excess weight loss can do but just the preoccupation with it took over my life and I look and feel sad for my younger self and all I could've done instead.

That being said, a HEALTHY attitude to exercise is a good thing so I would say look at how you can get balance in your life. I'm a big believer we can have it all (you can be successful, have a good social life, feel good and confident although not necessarily in the perfect fantasy way we initially think). I hate to encourage restrictive eating and i am NOT saying revise to avoid food, but structure your days so you get a routine. School and revision are times to focus on that work, not sit and snack or walk around. Time away from that is time to exercise and fuel your body in a healthy way.

If you feel like the thoughts of food and exercising are taking over too much then please talk to someone- you're absolutely right in that you have your whole life to think about your body but your a-levels are now so take care of yourself!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads