The Student Room Group

Deciding on a university

Hello, I’m David I’m 17 years old and I’m finding it really difficult on deciding what uni to go to. I have been offered a Musical Theatre degree at LMA London, a Musical Theatre Triple Threat degree at Chichester Conservatoire and I’ve been offered a one year foundation at my dream drama school Emil Dale Academy. I have looked at all three in so much detail, but I physically cannot come to a decision because I love them all the same. Emil Dale will give me the best training but it’s too expensive and I have to re audition after the first year; LMA London has decent training and I’ve made friends but they don’t provide singing lessons and lastly Chichester has everything I could possibly want but it’s in a secluded area and some of the accommodation is ****. Also, I have made so many friends at LMA London, but I need to pick what’s best for me and where I’m going to get the best training. Someone please help meeee
It sounds like you've already ruled out Emil Dale yourself. I don't know the first thing about Musical Theatre but can you getting singing lessons elsewhere/privately whilst going to LMA London? Chichester Conservatoire sounds fancy, is any of their **** accommodation bearable? You can bring your own stuff to make it seem better.
Chichester. At least its a University and one that other people will have heard of. Its not 'remote' at all - fast trains to London. And you'll only be in Uni accom if you choose to, and only for the first year.
OR. Dump all of these and apply for accredited Drama Schools next year - for Musical Theatre, look at Guildford School of Acting, best course in the country.
Original post by davidrichardsx
Hello, I’m David I’m 17 years old and I’m finding it really difficult on deciding what uni to go to. I have been offered a Musical Theatre degree at LMA London, a Musical Theatre Triple Threat degree at Chichester Conservatoire and I’ve been offered a one year foundation at my dream drama school Emil Dale Academy. I have looked at all three in so much detail, but I physically cannot come to a decision because I love them all the same. Emil Dale will give me the best training but it’s too expensive and I have to re audition after the first year; LMA London has decent training and I’ve made friends but they don’t provide singing lessons and lastly Chichester has everything I could possibly want but it’s in a secluded area and some of the accommodation is ****. Also, I have made so many friends at LMA London, but I need to pick what’s best for me and where I’m going to get the best training. Someone please help meeee

Hey David,

Congratulations on all of your offers!

Our Triple Threat course is one of our most popular courses which has gained national recognition and consistently achieved high percentages when it comes to student satisfaction and graduate employment. One of the aspects our students love at Chichester is the sense of community and this close knit community is so prominent within our Conservatoire.

Bognor Regis, where our Triple Threat course is based, offers lots of things to do including Alexandra Theatre (which is very popular amongst our Musical Theatre students), Sheiks nightclub, the Picturedrome cinema and lots of pubs and restaurants. On top of this, campus is only 915 steps away from the beach so it's the perfect place to spend summer evenings!

Both of our campuses have excellent travel links, with Portsmouth being only 20 minutes away, Brighton just under an hour and London an hour and 30 minutes. On top of this, we have a free student bus between both campuses so you can always travel from campus to campus for events etc. Our Students' Union regularly run a variety of events (pre-Covid) such as including club and theme nights, comedy, live bands, open mic, quiz nights, movie nights, and larger events such as, Charity Rag Race, Graduation Ball and Summer Ball. There is always something going on!

If you'd like to chat to one of student's, you can do this via Unibuddy. Our students are happy to talk about anything whether it be student life, course experiences, accommodation - https://www.chi.ac.uk/search/course-search/chat-our-students.

Good luck in choosing, we know how tough making the decision can be. If you have any questions or would like to be put in contact with our lecturers, let us know, we'd be happy to help :smile:

Thanks, Sian
Original post by McGinger
Chichester. At least its a University and one that other people will have heard of. Its not 'remote' at all - fast trains to London. And you'll only be in Uni accom if you choose to, and only for the first year.
OR. Dump all of these and apply for accredited Drama Schools next year - for Musical Theatre, look at Guildford School of Acting, best course in the country.

Emil Dale is only half hour on the train from King's Cross with no changes, and the town it's in also has a train line to Cambridge with no changes :smile:
Hey there!! Have you decided yet? I’d be really interested in your decisions 🧡
Original post by University of Chichester
Hey David,

Congratulations on all of your offers!

Our Triple Threat course is one of our most popular courses which has gained national recognition and consistently achieved high percentages when it comes to student satisfaction and graduate employment. One of the aspects our students love at Chichester is the sense of community and this close knit community is so prominent within our Conservatoire.

Bognor Regis, where our Triple Threat course is based, offers lots of things to do including Alexandra Theatre (which is very popular amongst our Musical Theatre students), Sheiks nightclub, the Picturedrome cinema and lots of pubs and restaurants. On top of this, campus is only 915 steps away from the beach so it's the perfect place to spend summer evenings!

Both of our campuses have excellent travel links, with Portsmouth being only 20 minutes away, Brighton just under an hour and London an hour and 30 minutes. On top of this, we have a free student bus between both campuses so you can always travel from campus to campus for events etc. Our Students' Union regularly run a variety of events (pre-Covid) such as including club and theme nights, comedy, live bands, open mic, quiz nights, movie nights, and larger events such as, Charity Rag Race, Graduation Ball and Summer Ball. There is always something going on!

If you'd like to chat to one of student's, you can do this via Unibuddy. Our students are happy to talk about anything whether it be student life, course experiences, accommodation - https://www.chi.ac.uk/search/course-search/chat-our-students.

Good luck in choosing, we know how tough making the decision can be. If you have any questions or would like to be put in contact with our lecturers, let us know, we'd be happy to help :smile:

Thanks, Sian

Hi Sian
I’m considering Chichester too along with LMA. So many kids are told they will only succeed in a WestEnd career if they go to Italia Conti, Mountview, GSA, ArtsEd….is this true? How many students have studied at Chichester and gained success. I love the look of Chichester but will I get an Agent and work? Thanks
Original post by JennapieMT
Hi Sian
I’m considering Chichester too along with LMA. So many kids are told they will only succeed in a WestEnd career if they go to Italia Conti, Mountview, GSA, ArtsEd….is this true? How many students have studied at Chichester and gained success. I love the look of Chichester but will I get an Agent and work? Thanks

Hi there,

A lot of our students finish uni with agents because the Conservatoire here for Musical Theatre Triple works very similarly to traditional London schools. You'll be receiving the same in depth training across all disciplines from industry professionals. You'll have many opportunities to go to London for workshops and performances, as well as meeting agents who will help with your professional development.

You'll perform showcases where agents are also invited to attend, so that you have the best chance possible of securing an agent before you finish your degree.
Here's a link to the Musical Theatre Triple Threat course page and then you can see what our alumni are up to now!

Thanks
Megan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending