The Student Room Group

Application Summary maintenance amounts

Hey!
I was looking at my application for student finance starting this year and have found that even though I do not live at home, I live in a supported living arrangement at the moment, and am on a low income, on my application it says I have applied for the minimum amount of £4,422
and under it, it says a higher amount of maintenance being £6,393. Are these two different amounts that I will be paid? because if so it would mean I would be getting paid over the maximum maintenance loan (outside London).
I would honestly be open to any input as I am soo confused right now. I honestly can't understand how this system can be soo bad with millions of people using it every year.

Kind regards
James
Original post by Kruel
Hey!
I was looking at my application for student finance starting this year and have found that even though I do not live at home, I live in a supported living arrangement at the moment, and am on a low income, on my application it says I have applied for the minimum amount of £4,422
and under it, it says a higher amount of maintenance being £6,393. Are these two different amounts that I will be paid? because if so it would mean I would be getting paid over the maximum maintenance loan (outside London).
I would honestly be open to any input as I am soo confused right now. I honestly can't understand how this system can be soo bad with millions of people using it every year.

Kind regards
James

Hi James,

Maintenance Loan is made up of two figures, the minimum amount all students are entitled to and then additional funding that you can get based on household income. You'll be assessed against the total of the two figures shown and when we send you an entitlement letter it will show you the final amount you are being awarded. Please allow time for your application to be assessed as that's when your entitlement will be calculated.

Thanks, Tegan
Reply 2
Hi there, the thing was that they had not processed my mothers evidence at the time, everything is ok now. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending