does this corse lead top a good job? Watch

This discussion is closed.
saturn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
http://www.wigan-leigh.ac.uk/0304/se...il.asp?CID=258

do u reckon. im doing a psychology degree at the moment but have heard its really hard to get onto post grad courses so i might not get anywhere.
ive heard the media course however allows easy asscess to employment.
i just dunno what i wanna do but basically i want a good paid career
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I find it a little strange that you would go from degree level back down to a btec.
I think that most employers would also find this a bit strange if they know about qualification levels (and they really should)
Careers in the media aren't always as well paid as you would think. The people that you see on Tv may be getting a lot but getting to that level, from what I have been told is all about who you know and being in the right place at the right time.
saturn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
I find it a little strange that you would go from degree level back down to a btec.
I think that most employers would also find this a bit strange if they know about qualification levels (and they really should)
Careers in the media aren't always as well paid as you would think. The people that you see on Tv may be getting a lot but getting to that level, from what I have been told is all about who you know and being in the right place at the right time.
hmm that seems to be the type of life i seem to get part time jobs by being in the right place at the right times lol. But what if i wanted to do media id have to go back down a level
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
hmm that seems to be the type of life i seem to get part time jobs by being in the right place at the right times lol. But what if i wanted to do media id have to go back down a level
diploma's are good qualifications to have ive not sure which subject will land you with the most earnings though. psychology can be useless if its not taken to post grad
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You will be better of trying to get a job as a teaboy in some where like Granada or the BBC, the BBC are expanding in Manchester and there will be a hell of a lot of new oppurtunities there.

Once you have a degree it dosn't matter what in experience is more important, many people in the BBC got their jobs starting at the bottom, this is still very much the case today. My cousin has loads of qualifications and including a masters, he is working one a day a week for free to get experience in the media.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have a look on the sticky further up this page posted by PQ 'What can I do with a xxxxx degree' There's loads of useful inks.

There're lots of careers you could go into with pyschology, as many don't require a specific type of degree.
benjones
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
You will be better of trying to get a job as a teaboy in some where like Granada or the BBC, the BBC are expanding in Manchester and there will be a hell of a lot of new oppurtunities there.

Once you have a degree it dosn't matter what in experience is more important, many people in the BBC got their jobs starting at the bottom, this is still very much the case today. My cousin has loads of qualifications and including a masters, he is working one a day a week for free to get experience in the media.
Too right. My uncle started by running after fire engines to report local news. Now he's a BBC exec for technology and training. Or so he says anyway. :rolleyes:
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
http://www.wigan-leigh.ac.uk/0304/se...il.asp?CID=258

do u reckon. im doing a psychology degree at the moment but have heard its really hard to get onto post grad courses so i might not get anywhere.
ive heard the media course however allows easy asscess to employment.
i just dunno what i wanna do but basically i want a good paid career
well a degrees worth more so might get you more cash but also media jobs are well paid
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42.42%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
40.91%

Watched Threads