The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Accomodation

So I started my accommodation thingy, and I'm not too sure what to write for my 'web profile' thing? Like, do I have to write it formally, the way I text so people can get a taste of my personality? Also, it's only 500 characters so I don't want to waste it eek
I would say go with what feel the most like you, whether that's like you're texting someone or introducing yourself at a job interview - it's all about letting people get a feel for who you are. Aside from things like how clean/tidy you are, how social you are and if you like going out or staying in, which are the most common things to put as that's what helps get an idea of what it would be like to share a flat with you, I saw a lot of people mentioning if they cooked/baked, and adding in some of your hobbies can help people find likeminded flatmates! Don't worry about the character count, I actually found it was a lot longer than I had anticipated and had no issues with staying under.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Anonymous
So I started my accommodation thingy, and I'm not too sure what to write for my 'web profile' thing? Like, do I have to write it formally, the way I text so people can get a taste of my personality? Also, it's only 500 characters so I don't want to waste it eek

Hi there!

Great advice from @spaceturtle above - I'd agree with everything they said :-)

Speak/type in a way that's most 'you' - another good thing to include could be to put your social media handle(s) in there too, if you wouldn't mind you and your future flatmates setting up a group chat before you get to Sheffield (but no pressure to do so!)

Don't worry about hitting the character count too - you'll be able to give a good sense of what you're like, your interests, and what you'd look for in future flatmates well under this character count so don't feel pressured to fill it all.

- Ellie :smile:
MEng Chemical Engineering Graduate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending