medicgal01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MadtinggEliza)
Anyone else just going to be commuting to uni, feel like everyone’s gonna make close friends at halls and then there’ll be me 🥴🥴
I am also commuting! Quite often people have separate course and accommodation friends so I really don't think it will be an issue and people that are living in halls from the course will likely invite you round before going out etc!xx
Aethomson
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by medicgal01)
I am also commuting! Quite often people have separate course and accommodation friends so I really don't think it will be an issue and people that are living in halls from the course will likely invite you round before going out etc!xx
im not commuting myself but i know many people that do and they've had no issues making friends!
MrWorldWide99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nangsaw)
Congratulations! Are you planning to firm QUB?
No, I'm not. Not in the financial position to go to uni this year
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by katierose909)
Just firmed Queen's. I'm so happy.
Congrats!!

I'm sure you'll love it here

Ask away if you have any questions,
Emily, Team Queen's
hhpppp
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Offer! Home student Would love to live with other med students. Just wondering do the majority of medics stay in BT1/2 or BT9?And as you share apartments with lots of others, can you request to share with other medics?
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hhpppp)
Offer! Home student Would love to live with other med students. Just wondering do the majority of medics stay in BT1/2 or BT9?And as you share apartments with lots of others, can you request to share with other medics?
Hi hhpppp,

Congrats on your offer! I'd say there's a pretty even distribution of med students between all the accommodation, I know medics who've stayed in both I'm not sure if you can specifically ask to be with other med students, you can ask the accom team at [email protected]

Ask if you need anything else!
Team Queen's
Emily
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Remember, off site social group group chats are not allowed on TSR. This thread is your group chat.

That is, unless Queen's University Belfast Student Reps have an officially moderated one - and if they post the link then it is allowed!
CurlySue18
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hhpppp)
Hi .. I’m a home student too and I’ve applied to BT9 /BT2. A friend of mine is currently staying in BT9 and is living with 4 other medics and 5 law students. So maybe Queen’s do try to place us with people doing similar courses or maybe it was just luck! I hope I’m with other med students too 😊
suhanib9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! any internationals? where are yall from?
medkristyna
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are any home students planning on commuting? I live in Belfast (20 minutes away from QUB) so i’m not sure what to do. I want the halls experience, but at the same time, I could save a lot of money!
CurlySue18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by medkristyna)
Are any home students planning on commuting? I live in Belfast (20 minutes away from QUB) so i’m not sure what to do. I want the halls experience, but at the same time, I could save a lot of money!
I live approx 30 mins from QUB and realistically I could commute but I’m really keen on the halls experience ... hopefully there’ll be other medics living with me 😊
Last edited by CurlySue18; 3 weeks ago
Aethomson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CurlySue18)
I live approx 30 mins from QUB and realistically I could commute but I’m really keen on the halls experience ... hopefully there’ll be other medics living with me 😊
you got an offer!!! i remember talking to you on the applicant thread ages ago!!
CurlySue18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aethomson)
you got an offer!!! i remember talking to you on the applicant thread ages ago!!
Yes I’m so pleased! Are you firming QUB?
E._.fern
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hedgy2399)
Yeah same ☺️
So glad there’s others going for that one too! I heard it was meant to be quiet that week since freshers starts on the 18th but I just didn’t fancy moving up 2 days before the course starts! 😊
Aethomson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes I’m so pleased! Are you firming QUB?
yes im planning on it! you?
CurlySue18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aethomson)
yes im planning on it! you?
Definitely! Still not sure which uni to insure though
Aethomson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Definitely! Still not sure which uni to insure though
im hoping to insure manchester if i get an offer from them lol, but we'll see
medicgal01
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by medkristyna)
hi! im a home student and will be commuting. I did a previous degree and moved out in first year and honestly looking back I would have rather saved the money as I met most of my friends through my course and clubs, not in halls! So this time around ill defo be communing. Hope this helps x
medkristyna
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by medicgal01)
hi! im a home student and will be commuting. I did a previous degree and moved out in first year and honestly looking back I would have rather saved the money as I met most of my friends through my course and clubs, not in halls! So this time around ill defo be communing. Hope this helps x
Thank you so much! That helps a lot!
katierose909
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is anyone booking accommodation at BT1/2? I was going to but everyone else is picking BT9 so might choose there instead
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (196)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (561)
14.48%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (435)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (534)
13.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (192)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (232)
5.99%
Loneliness (327)
8.44%
Financial worries (142)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (152)
3.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (173)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (218)
5.63%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (348)
8.99%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (363)
9.37%

Watched Threads