Is my Economics a level teacher lying to me

Watch
undodostres
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
She said she doesn’t have access to the 2020 aqa economics paper , even though she is the head of economics and head of year , is she lying?
I want it so I can practice for mocks
Is she lying because we have it for the mock or what , because I totally understand if so
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by undodostres)
She said she doesn’t have access to the 2020 aqa economics paper , even though she is the head of economics and head of year , is she lying?
Is she lying because we have it for the mock or what , because I totally understand if so
hmmm... most likely. I am in year 13 too and taking edexcel economics. I sat my mock last week and I am pretty sure I sat the 2020 paper - as he hinted before that the paper was much "more recent" and the extracts were taken from 2018. My teacher is also the head of economics and business so most likely yes.

Your mock is probably the 2020 one, she probably didn't want to give away any hints.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I would imagine that she means that she can't access the paper in a way which makes it available to students.

What about printing off the past papers which are available on the AQA website and then working your way through those?

https://www.aqa.org.uk/find-past-pap...d-mark-schemes
undodostres
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
hmmm... most likely. I am in year 13 too and taking edexcel economics. I sat my mock last week and I am pretty sure I sat the 2020 paper - as he hinted before that the paper was much "more recent" and the extracts were taken from 2018. My teacher is also the head of economics and business so most likely yes.

Your mock is probably the 2020 one, she probably didn't want to give away any hints.
Oh okay thank you but
What do you mean the extracts where taken from 2018
undodostres
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
I would imagine that she means that she can't access the paper in a way which makes it available to students.

What about printing off the past papers which are available on the AQA website and then working your way through those?

https://www.aqa.org.uk/find-past-pap...d-mark-schemes
Unfortunately ive done all of them
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh okay thank you but
What do you mean the extracts where taken from 2018
papers are written two years in advance, by default it is the 2020 paper!
undodostres
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
papers are written two years in advance, by default it is the 2020 paper!
sorry i don't understand are you saying he used the 2018 extract from the 2018 papers or the 2020 extract from the 2020 papers?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Logins for past papers are controlled by the school's exams officer but I can't imagine they wouldn't give a login to every teacher. However, teachers are not meant to hand out electronic copies of the recent papers to students
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
sorry i don't understand are you saying he used the 2018 extract from the 2018 papers or the 2020 extract from the 2020 papers?
sorry! That sounded really confusing I'll reword.

So basically when an exam board writes a paper, they write them 2 years in advance. Therefore, because the extracts were based in 2018, it must have been written for the 2020 people who will sit the exam. If that makes sense
ilgin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey have you done paper 2 by any chance
ChaosHydraXx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ilgin)
Hey have you done paper 2 by any chance
Do u want the paper 2
eddiebrown10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChaosHydraXx)
Do u want the paper 2
chaos i need paper 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
36.75%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.27%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.79%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.55%

Watched Threads