Lyn5258
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by beji)
i personally only applied to oxford, because i came up with my research project two weeks prior to the deadline, and because the faculty was super responsive (also contacted a few profs at LSE and Cambrdige and they either didn't reply either didn't sound so enthusiastic). the department has also an established tradition in my area of research. and for me the collegiate system is a huge plus.

what about yourself?!
I applied to LSE, Cambridge, and Oxford.
Have an offer from the first and the second; potential supervisors were very supportive at both. My research interests didn't really fit the Anthropology department at Oxford, but I applied anyway. And not surprisingly, it is the one which is delaying the results

My priority is LSE because of the supervisors (both of their works closely aligned with my research area, and they seem to be genuinely nice people which is also very important), and also because it is such an international school; I am gonna be very comfortable there (I'm an overseas student).
ab6br
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied to Msc in medical anthropology. My upload button is gone. I just checked today. I am so nervous holy crap. Has anyone heard from medical anthropology?
beji
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lyn5258)
I applied to LSE, Cambridge, and Oxford.
Have an offer from the first and the second; potential supervisors were very supportive at both. My research interests didn't really fit the Anthropology department at Oxford, but I applied anyway. And not surprisingly, it is the one which is delaying the results

My priority is LSE because of the supervisors (both of their works closely aligned with my research area, and they seem to be genuinely nice people which is also very important), and also because it is such an international school; I am gonna be very comfortable there (I'm an overseas student)
that's great! indeed lse is a brilliant uni. i took a module there while i was doing my masters at ucl. a very friendly, vibrant international atmosphere, right at the heart of london, you will love it! i'm also somewhat of an international student and i am not sure how oxford compares..
DeeDeems
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ab6br)
I applied to Msc in medical anthropology. My upload button is gone. I just checked today. I am so nervous holy crap. Has anyone heard from medical anthropology?
I applied to the PhD in medical anthropology but didn’t hear from them yet
DeeDeems
Rep:
?
(Original post by beji)
i personally only applied to oxford, because i came up with my research project two weeks prior to the deadline, and because the faculty was super responsive (also contacted a few profs at LSE and Cambrdige and they either didn't reply either didn't sound so enthusiastic). the department has also an established tradition in my area of research. and for me the collegiate system is a huge plus.

what about yourself?!
You can still apply to UCL if your proposal is ready their application is still open and they don’t take long to reply also great medical anthropology department
Last edited by DeeDeems; 2 weeks ago
Bobbybrays00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ab6br)
It’s indeed stressful but I am hopeful for you. There are a couple of people who are in Medical Anthro on here Eli21
MossyNugget 99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ab6br)
Hi there, applied to the MSc in med anthropology as well! My button disappeared yesterday afternoon. Good luck to both of us! The nerves are killing me, but we’ve made it this far
ab6br
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MossyNugget 99)
Hi there, applied to the MSc in med anthropology as well! My button disappeared yesterday afternoon. Good luck to both of us! The nerves are killing me, but we’ve made it this far
Did you apply november or jan deadline? I applied november and was pushed to January. Praying for us!!!! I am so anxious.
MossyNugget 99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ab6br)
Did you apply november or jan deadline? I applied november and was pushed to January. Praying for us!!!! I am so anxious.
January xx. I haven't been sleeping well in days, we'll be okay though. I've got my fingers crossed for us!
beji
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DeeDeems)
You can still apply to UCL if your proposal is ready their application is still open and they don’t take long to reply also great medical anthropology department
ohh really, i didn't know it was still open.. i studied medical anthropology so i know the faculty- they are wonderful people (just curious- what are the intials of your potential supervisor?.
not sure if i can do phd in the london environment- a little too hectic? i'll be mulling over it if i get rejected though
ab6br
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bobbybrays00)
It’s indeed stressful but I am hopeful for you. There are a couple of people who are in Medical Anthro on here Eli21
Oh wow awesome!! I am hoping for all of us Let me know if any of you hear anything!
thedude777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello all, just got put on wait list for the MSc in Social Anthro today. My status is still under "ready for assessment" and upload button still there. Is anyone here on the same boat?
Eli21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ab6br)
Oh wow awesome!! I am hoping for all of us Let me know if any of you hear anything!
Hey guys! I was accepted back in February for medical anthropology but let me know when you hear something! 🤞🏻
Ouchatik11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hola! I received an offer for the MSc in Medical anthropology around 2 pm Uk time *seeing stars*. My button had disappeared yesterday between 4 and 6 pm. Also if this could be of any help: I applied in November and my surname starts with M. I was reading your posts silently until now but this thread really kept me going in the last few days so thank you! I would love to get in touch with fellow med anthro students
Eli21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ouchatik11)
Hola! I received an offer for the MSc in Medical anthropology around 2 pm Uk time *seeing stars*. My button had disappeared yesterday between 4 and 6 pm. Also if this could be of any help: I applied in November and my surname starts with M. I was reading your posts silently until now but this thread really kept me going in the last few days so thank you! I would love to get in touch with fellow med anthro students
Hey! That’s fantastic news, congrats! We’ll be coursemates then!
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ouchatik11)
Omg! Congratulations on your offer! I can almost feel your relief! We all should definately make an Anthro group!
srkolbc
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by beji)
ohh really, i didn't know it was still open.. i studied medical anthropology so i know the faculty- they are wonderful people (just curious- what are the intials of your potential supervisor?.
not sure if i can do phd in the london environment- a little too hectic? i'll be mulling over it if i get rejected though
Hi! I just saw you went to UCL for your master's. I got an offer from UCL for a PhD in Anthropology (focus on medical) and was just offered an overseas award, but I only have one week to answer, meaning I have to decide before I know whether I got any funding for Oxford... My supervisors there would be M.H. and D.N. It sounds like you liked it there. Would you recommend it?
DeeDeems
Rep:
?
(Original post by srkolbc)
Hi! I just saw you went to UCL for your master's. I got an offer from UCL for a PhD in Anthropology (focus on medical) and was just offered an overseas award, but I only have one week to answer, meaning I have to decide before I know whether I got any funding for Oxford... My supervisors there would be M.H. and D.N. It sounds like you liked it there. Would you recommend it?
I’m not sure who is MH but DN is amazin!!!
DeeDeems
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eli21)
Hey guys! I was accepted back in February for medical anthropology but let me know when you hear something! 🤞🏻
Congrats!

When did you apply ? And what program you got in MPhil DPhil or MSc?
Eli21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DeeDeems)
Congrats!

When did you apply ? And what program you got in MPhil DPhil or MSc?
I applied in November for the MSc 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (8)
23.53%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (8)
23.53%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (16)
47.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads