This discussion is closed.
John L
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I would like to compare notes with anyone who has been through the Threshold Review process whether
successful or otherwise.

I myself submitted an application for review and found that I received one phone call during the
school day which was of rather brief duration [under 5 minutes] and which I had expected to be the
precursor to further contact but proved to be the only contact.

When the assessor spoke to me he did not leave any details by which I could get in touch with him?

Is that usual?

However, until today when I received the decision [not yet met] no further contact was made by
the assessor.

I would be very interested to hear of other people's experiences as I still do not feel as all
relevant attention was paid to my evidence. No attempt was made to undertake a site visit or speak
to other members of the senior management team including my head of department.

One of the items of evidence I cited was that though the HT had claimed to obtain evidence from
senior management in the original application - my HoD who is my immediate line manager was not
consulted.

Comments please!

John
Sarah
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
By review, do you mean you crossed the threshold 2 years ago? Our head seems to think that it will
be linked to performance reviews and targets already taking place in school, and no mention of
evidence has been made so far. She says payments will start in Sept 2002. That's all I know so far.

--
Sarah

John L <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> I would like to compare notes with anyone who has been through the[/q1]
Threshold
[q1]> Review process whether successful or otherwise.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I myself submitted an application for review and found that I received one phone call during the[/q1]
[q1]> school day which was of rather brief duration [under[/q1]
[q1]> minutes] and which I had expected to be the precursor to further contact[/q1]
but
[q1]> proved to be the only contact.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> When the assessor spoke to me he did not leave any details by which I[/q1]
could
[q1]> get in touch with him?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Is that usual?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> However, until today when I received the decision [not yet met] no further contact was made by the[/q1]
[q1]> assessor.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I would be very interested to hear of other people's experiences as I[/q1]
still
[q1]> do not feel as all relevant attention was paid to my evidence. No attempt was made to undertake a[/q1]
[q1]> site visit or speak to other members of the senior management team including my head of[/q1]
[q1]> department.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> One of the items of evidence I cited was that though the HT had claimed to obtain evidence from[/q1]
[q1]> senior management in the original application - my[/q1]
HoD
[q1]> who is my immediate line manager was not consulted.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Comments please![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> John[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Stjohn
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
John L wrote in message ...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Comments please![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>John[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
It is simply not usual for ANY personal contact between the applicant and the assessor, lest, I
suppose, the personal opinion takes over from the calculating and cold decision of evidence ?

StJohn
John L
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
No I mean review of decision.

John

"Sarah" <[email protected] o.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> By review, do you mean you crossed the threshold 2 years ago? Our head[/q1]
seems
[q1]> to think that it will be linked to performance reviews and targets already taking place in school,[/q1]
[q1]> and no mention of evidence has been made so far.[/q1]
She
[q1]> says payments will start in Sept 2002. That's all I know so far.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Sarah[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> John L <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > I would like to compare notes with anyone who has been through the[/q2]
[q1]> Threshold[/q1]
[q2]> > Review process whether successful or otherwise.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > I myself submitted an application for review and found that I received[/q2]
one
[q2]> > phone call during the school day which was of rather brief duration[/q2]
[under
[q1]> 5[/q1]
[q2]> > minutes] and which I had expected to be the precursor to further contact[/q2]
[q1]> but[/q1]
[q2]> > proved to be the only contact.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > When the assessor spoke to me he did not leave any details by which I[/q2]
[q1]> could[/q1]
[q2]> > get in touch with him?[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Is that usual?[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > However, until today when I received the decision [not yet met] no[/q2]
further
[q2]> > contact was made by the assessor.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > I would be very interested to hear of other people's experiences as I[/q2]
[q1]> still[/q1]
[q2]> > do not feel as all relevant attention was paid to my evidence. No[/q2]
attempt
[q2]> > was made to undertake a site visit or speak to other members of the[/q2]
senior
[q2]> > management team including my head of department.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > One of the items of evidence I cited was that though the HT had claimed[/q2]
to
[q2]> > obtain evidence from senior management in the original application - my[/q2]
[q1]> HoD[/q1]
[q2]> > who is my immediate line manager was not consulted.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Comments please![/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > John[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
Will Godfrey
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
John L wrote:
[q1]> I would like to compare notes with anyone who has been through the Threshold Review process[/q1]
[q1]> whether successful or otherwise.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I myself submitted an application for review and found that I received one phone call during the[/q1]
[q1]> school day which was of rather brief duration [under 5 minutes] and which I had expected to be the[/q1]
[q1]> precursor to further contact but proved to be the only contact.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> When the assessor spoke to me he did not leave any details by which I could get in touch with him?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Is that usual?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> However, until today when I received the decision [not yet met] no further contact was made by the[/q1]
[q1]> assessor.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I would be very interested to hear of other people's experiences as I still do not feel as all[/q1]
[q1]> relevant attention was paid to my evidence. No attempt was made to undertake a site visit or speak[/q1]
[q1]> to other members of the senior management team including my head of department.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> One of the items of evidence I cited was that though the HT had claimed to obtain evidence from[/q1]
[q1]> senior management in the original application - my HoD who is my immediate line manager was not[/q1]
[q1]> consulted.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Comments please![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> John[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

http://www.topologika.co.uk/news/bof2.htm

A blunt view of being thresholded.

Hope this helps

Will
Vjc
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"John L" <[email protected]> wrote this, suspiciously:

[q1]>I would like to compare notes with anyone who has been through the Threshold Review process whether[/q1]
[q1]>successful or otherwise.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>I myself submitted an application for review and found that I received one phone call during the[/q1]
[q1]>school day which was of rather brief duration [under 5 minutes] and which I had expected to be the[/q1]
[q1]>precursor to further contact but proved to be the only contact.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>When the assessor spoke to me he did not leave any details by which I could get in touch with him?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Is that usual?[/q1]

My experience of being thresholded was that nobody came to my classroom or assessed me. The head
refused to tell me or the school i subsequently moved to whether i passed or failed. Some money
arrived in my bank account from the LEA. No explanation. Of course, without verification, I can't
get a threshold payment from the new school. Old school still refuses to tell me if I passed or not,
months later.

[ scuse my french: Pile of *******s, the lot of it. ]
--
Vanessa

{all those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand}
Sheila :-D
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
vjc <[email protected]> burbled:

snip

[q1]>My experience of being thresholded was that nobody came to my classroom or assessed me. The head[/q1]
[q1]>refused to tell me or the school i subsequently moved to whether i passed or failed. Some money[/q1]
[q1]>arrived in my bank account from the LEA. No explanation. Of course, without verification, I can't[/q1]
[q1]>get a threshold payment from the new school. Old school still refuses to tell me if I passed or[/q1]
[q1]>not, months later.[/q1]

You should get a certificate eventually.
--
Sheila :-D (Break racquet to mail.)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads