The Student Room Group

I dont want to go to uni

What do i do i am so scared i hate all the unis i picked and i dont think im gonna get the grades :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What do i do i am so scared i hate all the unis i picked and i dont think im gonna get the grades :frown:

If you’re sure and know that uni isn’t the best route for you, then that’s completely fine. Don’t commit to something that you know will make you unhappy, there’s so many other routes to go down. :smile:
Take a gap year and tell your schools careers officer that you don’t want to go and then they can put you in touch with apprenticeships/jobs
Reply 3

Depends if it's just a case of being scared, OR, you really know it's not going to be for you!

Have a good think. Speak to family and friends, Or if you're alone and no-one to speak with then weigh up all the pro's and cons yourself before making a final decison.

Have you thought about going through adjustment or clearing? Maybe taking a gap year too?

Which grades are you predicted out of curiosity? If you were predicted really high grades this shows that your teachers believe in you, they think you will be able to excel in alevels!! At the end of the day they want to give you the best possible grades which you can achieve :smile:
Reply 5
Hey!
If you don’t like the course/uni you applied to, take a gap year and work so at least you have something to do while you figure things out. Or maybe try apply for apprenticeships?

I hope that everything turns out well for you!

Quick Reply

Latest