alishahz30
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have acceptances from Sussex, essex, aston and Leicester. I want to study Bsc economics. After alot of searching I am confused between Aston and Sussex.
Guardian shows Aston to be better whereas world rankings show Sussex, Where should I go?
Last edited by alishahz30; 3 weeks ago
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alishahz30)
I have acceptances from Sussex, essex, aston and Leicester. I want to study Bsc economics. After alot of searching I am confused between Aston and Sussex.
Guardian shows Aston to be better whereas world rankings show Sussex, Where should I go?
Hey alishahz30,

I understand that university rankings make an important factor in choosing which university to go to, however, I would personally choose which university I would most enjoy spending my time in. If you are enjoying your university life, you will probably perform better as you are more motivated.

It's important to note that university rankings fluctuate, and I feel that the most important thing would be if the teaching quality at the university is high and if the course is properly accredited. If you decide on a university sorely on university rankings, you may be disappointed if the university rank goes down when you graduate. Whereas if you choose a university based on the course content and university life, you will have a much more fulfilling time at the university.

Please see the BSc Economics course page for more detail about the course offered at Sussex.

We are in the Top 10 in the UK for Business and Economics (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2021) and Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Business (US News & World Report Best Global Universities 2021). You will also join the EQUIS-accredited University of Sussex Business School. Only 1% of business schools around the globe is accredited by EQUIS.

The University of Sussex is incredibly diverse, with students and staff coming from over 100 different countries. We have more than 200 societies and clubs to choose from (Sports, Societies & Media) and the Student Union is always putting on events where you can find like-minded people and try something new. The campus is surrounded by the South Downs National Park where you can take walks and relax, and the lively city of Brighton is less than 10 mins away from the campus via a train so it's easily accessible to get into town. On-campus, we also have a number of shops, bars and cafes run by the Student Union where you can bring your new friends and hang out.

I liked that the campus was full of green open spaces, and had easy access to Brighton. Whenever I wanted to relax, I could go to the beach and sunbathe or stroll around the city centre and see what was going on in town. In terms of teaching, the lecturers and staff were very helpful and always willing to provide support. I had a fun time being on campus, joining events and meeting new people through different societies. I liked that the university was diverse, and found people I met through the university were outgoing and friendly.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me!

Kind regards,
Erica (3rd Year BSc Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence)
Last edited by University of Sussex Official Reps; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (74)
42.05%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (31)
17.61%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (68)
38.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed