Maintainable Loan - Over 25 Living With Partner, Financially Independent

Watch
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, there was no message here - please could you repost it?
Thanks, Isaac
sallycutty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Isaac,

It says the original message is still being moderated, so don’t know what’s happened there! I’ll post again below:

Hi.
I am going to be studying a PGCE course from September. I am 25 and have been supporting myself financially for the last 4 years. When the course starts, I will be living in a two bedroom apartment with my partner. Although we will be living together, we are financially independent of each other, not living “as though...married”. He will not be supporting me through my degree at all - bills and rent etc are split 50/50 (exactly the same as being housemates).
Will this be taken into consideration by SFE? I’m worried I won’t be able to pay my London rent if his income is used on my application!
Thanks, Sally
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sallycutty)
Hi Isaac,

It says the original message is still being moderated, so don’t know what’s happened there! I’ll post again below:

Hi.
I am going to be studying a PGCE course from September. I am 25 and have been supporting myself financially for the last 4 years. When the course starts, I will be living in a two bedroom apartment with my partner. Although we will be living together, we are financially independent of each other, not living “as though...married”. He will not be supporting me through my degree at all - bills and rent etc are split 50/50 (exactly the same as being housemates).
Will this be taken into consideration by SFE? I’m worried I won’t be able to pay my London rent if his income is used on my application!
Thanks, Sally
Sorry about that, it sounds like an error with the site or maybe if your account was new they needed to moderate the post.

As you are 25 years old and will be living with your partner, to award you the higher rate of funding - they will be required to support your application.
You will only receive the maximum amount of funding if your partners income is below 25k.
Thanks, Isaac
sallycutty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Yikes. Even if we have no legal or financial connection? Seems a bit weird when he’s just a boyfriend and I financially support myself at the moment! Is there any way to prove we’re not financially reliant for the application?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sallycutty)
Yikes. Even if we have no legal or financial connection? Seems a bit weird when he’s just a boyfriend and I financially support myself at the moment! Is there any way to prove we’re not financially reliant for the application?
No, if your partner is living with you then we do require their details unfortunately. There is no way around that even if he doesn't support you financially.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (187)
75.71%
No (60)
24.29%

Watched Threads