Struggling to revise

Watch
ljackj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi I am looking to get A* in maths physics and business does anyone have advice on revising most effectively

Flors
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Physics and maths tutor for a level maths is a god send. As well as maths genie. Oh and a bit of Dr Frost if your school has that.
ljackj
Rep:
?
I was looking at that just a little bit too much money for me Ik I just need to keep doing past papers but wat if I don’t know the content btw thanks so much for the reply
ljackj
Rep:
?
Oh the website yeee it’s so good
jmyjmy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ljackj)
Hi I am looking to get A* in maths physics and business does anyone have advice on revising most effectively
past paper questions.. that's what you really need to focus your revision on. if you run out of papers, do questions by topic on physics and maths tutor and questions in revision guides/textbooks. I'm not sure about business, but I do maths and physics a level too and practice is the only way. good luck!
ljackj
Rep:
?
(Original post by jmyjmy)
past paper questions.. that's what you really need to focus your revision on. if you run out of papers, do questions by topic on physics and maths tutor and questions in revision guides/textbooks. I'm not sure about business, but I do maths and physics a level too and practice is the only way. good luck!
Thanks for the reply , I have printed off loads of past papers they are great but I run into things I don’t know or get wrong what do you do to learn from the mistakes
jmyjmy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ljackj)
Thanks for the reply , I have printed off loads of past papers they are great but I run into things I don’t know or get wrong what do you do to learn from the mistakes
hmm yes i totally understand your problem. when i don't get something, i read the mark scheme. if i still don't understand, i copy and paste the question into google and you can usually find explanations to questions on online forums like this one (The Student Room). for most subjects, you can type the details of the paper on youtube and watch a walkthrough video for that paper. PhysicsOnline is my favourite physics teacher on youtube! if you really don't get it after doing all these things, ask your teacher! they're usually very helpful as they have lots of experience. to learn from mistakes, make a poster of the questions you got wrong and stick it on your wall, with answers on the back. i made one and stuck it under the mirror in my room, so that i can have a read while i get ready every morning. this will hopefully improve your long term memory! i know these are really generic revision tips but they helped me, so i hope these will help you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (162)
41.86%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (56)
14.47%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (161)
41.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed