study help/ advice

Watch
ljackj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by azzynorton)
So far I have done flashcards for every subject but gave up as they don’t particularly help me :/
If you right flash cards and test yourself every couple days with that set of cards and if u get it right don’t do it for another couple days but if you get it wrong keep doing it

azzynorton
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ljackj)
It’s going all good until there is a question I don’t know , is all good finding the answer but how am I gonna remember it for next time
omg yess exactly!! It’s throws me off so much and makes me feel like my revising isn’t working and when you mark your answers and get the ones wrong you were confident on makes you feel stupid :/
azzynorton
Rep:
?
If you right flash cards and test yourself every couple days with that set of cards and if u get it right don’t do it for another couple days but if you get it wrong keep doing it
I would do that but I have over a thousand flashcards and each flashcards have quite a bit of information as my law definitions are very long so I can’t do it daily even if I wanted to
h_katona_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would do that but I have over a thousand flashcards and each flashcards have quite a bit of information as my law definitions are very long so I can’t do it daily even if I wanted to
Use online quizzes and questionnaires stuff like that to help. The ones you got wrong you can revise and keep doing them until you get full marks. Flashcards didnt and dont help me either.
azzynorton
Rep:
?
(Original post by h_katona_)
Use online quizzes and questionnaires stuff like that to help. The ones you got wrong you can revise and keep doing them until you get full marks. Flashcards didnt and dont help me either.
Ooo I may have to try this!! Do you know of any good websites thank you so much !
ljackj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
omg yess exactly!! It’s throws me off so much and makes me feel like my revising isn’t working and when you mark your answers and get the ones wrong you were confident on makes you feel stupid :/
Soo true wat subjects are you taking ?
azzynorton
Rep:
?
Soo true wat subjects are you taking ?
I’m taking a level law and biology as well as an as level for Maths and a level 3 national diploma for psychology? How about you?
h_katona_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ooo I may have to try this!! Do you know of any good websites thank you so much !
so this is a good one....https://www.sporcle.com/search/quizzes/?s=law...just type in the topic at the search bar and play the quizzes. its fun and helpful at the same time
Hellllpppp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thank you so much!! I am studying a level law and biology as well as doing an as level for maths and a level 3 national diploma btec for psychology! I just received my grades and am doing some what okay it just I’ve lacked motivation so much and feel although I am not revising properly if that makes sense. I have done thousands of flashcards and none of them have helped which has been getting me really down because I do genuinely try and want to do well :/
One tip for when you test yourself with flash cards is to write down the answer or say it out loud that way you can properly test if you really know it. Also make sure to not put too much information on them.

For maths practice is key maths genie is great and has exam questions by topic. Exam solutions videos are great for topics that you struggle with.

For biology very few marks are actually for recalling knowledge so make sure you practice lots of exam questions to make sure you perfect your exam technique.
ljackj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m taking a level law and biology as well as an as level for Maths and a level 3 national diploma for psychology? How about you?
Maths business business wat grades are you looking to get ?
azzynorton
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
One tip for when you test yourself with flash cards is to write down the answer or say it out loud that way you can properly test if you really know it. Also make sure to not put too much information on them.

For maths practice is key maths genie is great and has exam questions by topic. Exam solutions videos are great for topics that you struggle with.

For biology very few marks are actually for recalling knowledge so make sure you practice lots of exam questions to make sure you perfect your exam technique.
Thank you so much! I will definitely try this all out. I really appreciate all the help <33
azzynorton
Rep:
?
Maths business business wat grades are you looking to get ?
I’m hoping to get an A* for law, an A for biology, a distinction for psychology and an A for maths which is the highest I can get. You?
azzynorton
Rep:
?
(Original post by h_katona_)
so this is a good one....https://www.sporcle.com/search/quizzes/?s=law...just type in the topic at the search bar and play the quizzes. its fun and helpful at the same time
thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (162)
41.65%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (56)
14.4%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (163)
41.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise