Does everything happen for a reason?

Watch
Ummhelloso
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If yes, then what’s the reason behind getting racially/sexually/domestically abused?
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No
Aethomson
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i think everything happens for a reason. i know bad things happen but usually the bad helps you with some form of self discovery, in my experience anyways
nnth
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ummhelloso)
If yes, then what’s the reason behind getting racially/sexually/domestically abused?
It depends on your perspective of the world. Some say everything does happen for a reason. However, if you're getting abused, you can ask for help. When it comes to the reason behind getting abused, it depends on the context, on the situation, who the people are, what their motives could be, etc.
Ummhelloso
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hmm it’s interesting , bc personally I think everything does happen for a reason as whatever’s happened to me has been a massive lesson, however I was thinking about it, and for certain things there isn’t a reason? It’s interesting reading a few ppl’s views on it but I really still am struggling to understand the reasoning behind abuse
nnth
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hmm it’s interesting , bc personally I think everything does happen for a reason as whatever’s happened to me has been a massive lesson, however I was thinking about it, and for certain things there isn’t a reason? It’s interesting reading a few ppl’s views on it but I really still am struggling to understand the reasoning behind abuse
Well, if you want to have a different perspective on this, I'd recommend listening to this hilarious episode of the Infinite Monkey Cage. It's a BBC podcast starring Brian Cox and Robin Ince which explores randomness and chance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00w78gr

If being abused has happened for a reason, maybe the reason is to ask for help. Or maybe the reason is to mentally / physically grow and become stronger so that you can fight off the abuse. Either way, are you willing to tolerate the abuse?
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yep - I think everything happens for a reason.

Some things are horrific, and traumatic, but there's almost always a lesson to be learned or a way in which what happened will change your life.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No it doesn't - why should people be abused just so that they and others can learn a lesson from it? If we all needed to learn harsh lessons like that we would all be subject to the same abuse at points in our life but we aren't
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Aethomson)
i think everything happens for a reason. i know bad things happen but usually the bad helps you with some form of self discovery, in my experience anyways
How does being murdered help with self discovery?
aliyahlook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i used to believe that everything happens for a reason but it’s hard to think that when something bad happens like losing a loved one but i do believe if something is meant to be it will be and that everything works out in the end
stillcrying
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don’t think everything happens for a reason. But when those things do happen, you can either run from it, or learn from it. Most people who say “things happen for a reason” say that just because they’ve learned something from that experience and it has changed them for the better. Without the experience, they wouldn’t be where they are but I highly doubt things happen for a reason, more they just happen because that’s life and it’s how you react to it that can change you.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
How does being murdered help with self discovery?
Yes that is a good question I would love to know the answer.

Everything didn't work out in the end for them did it :confused:
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes that is a good question I would love to know the answer.

Everything didn't work out in the end for them did it :confused:
I don't expect an answer.
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It depends what you think of a reason as.
chelsea.uri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Only you can answer that bcuz it’s subjective
Amin7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Bad things that happen to someone make them stronger then before.
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Amin7)
This is a very good point because there’s no sunshine without rain
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
But I’d say when bad things happen to people it’s too make them stronger mentally, physically, emotionally etc. It’s to mould them tbh. Everyone has problems and has experienced something bad but it’s what you do after that matters the most. Change your perspective. You can’t control what happens to you but you can control how you react. Change what’s in your control before you try to change the world.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Amin7)
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
But I’d say when bad things happen to people it’s too make them stronger mentally, physically, emotionally etc. It’s to mould them tbh. Everyone has problems and has experienced something bad but it’s what you do after that matters the most. Change your perspective. You can’t control what happens to you but you can control how you react. Change what’s in your control before you try to change the world.
So are you both hoping something bad happens to you as it will make you stronger?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Amin7)
How does being murdered make you stronger?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (89)
26.65%
England (110)
32.93%
Belgium (27)
8.08%
Germany (39)
11.68%
Spain (7)
2.1%