The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Wine Cooler/Mini Fridge at Royal Holloway?

I'm planning to attend RHUL as of September 2021 and need to know if it's possible to have a wine cooler in my accommodation room? I can't seem to find anywhere it says you're not allowed a small fridge or wine cooler, but I have one that I plan to bring. I'm not oblivious to the fact that is is extremely extra but it is what I'm used to in my room at home and I think it would be a handy thing to have so I just have a bit of extra private cooler space. I've read things on other forums about people taking mini fridges and somewhat hiding them but being what it is, its not as easy to conceal so if anyone could shed some light on my query or send me a link to where I can find the full list of rules I'd appreciate it as I am also wondering about candles or whether it would be worth me buying a scent diffuser instead.
I can help! But I need to know which accommodation you'll be moving into? All the rooms are different per block
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by bel121212
I can help! But I need to know which accommodation you'll be moving into? All the rooms are different per block

Hopefully Williamson, Tuke and Butler or Gowar and Wedderburn? Thanks for responding so quickly!
Original post by lrdw
Hopefully Williamson, Tuke and Butler or Gowar and Wedderburn? Thanks for responding so quickly!

Omg yay, I lived in Williamson in my first year!

So you get a massive desk that will have plenty of room for a wine cooler either on top or below it. Don't worry about rules because at the end of the day no ones gonna ever come into your room to check these things haha. Plus I can't see why a small fridge wouldn't be allowed!
Reply 4
Omg yay, I lived in Williamson in my first year!

So you get a massive desk that will have plenty of room for a wine cooler either on top or below it. Don't worry about rules because at the end of the day no ones gonna ever come into your room to check these things haha. Plus I can't see why a small fridge wouldn't be allowed!

Ah great! That's one less thing I have to wonder about, thanks so much for replying so fast!
I'm really so excited to go, just hope I like it!
Original post by lrdw
Ah great! That's one less thing I have to wonder about, thanks so much for replying so fast!
I'm really so excited to go, just hope I like it!

Best of luck, best three years of my life!
Reply 6
Original post by lrdw
I'm planning to attend RHUL as of September 2021 and need to know if it's possible to have a wine cooler in my accommodation room? I can't seem to find anywhere it says you're not allowed a small fridge or wine cooler, but I have one that I plan to bring. I'm not oblivious to the fact that is is extremely extra but it is what I'm used to in my room at home and I think it would be a handy thing to have so I just have a bit of extra private cooler space. I've read things on other forums about people taking mini fridges and somewhat hiding them but being what it is, its not as easy to conceal so if anyone could shed some light on my query or send me a link to where I can find the full list of rules I'd appreciate it as I am also wondering about candles or whether it would be worth me buying a scent diffuser instead.

Hi Irdw,

I'm an alumna from Royal Holloway and now work at the university. Unfortunately due to fire and build regulations you can't bring a mini fridge or wine cooler to have in any accommodation room. Candles are also not allowed in rooms due to them being a fire hazard but you can still have reed diffusers if you're wanting to get your room smelling nice! Usually closer to the move in date you'll receive more information about what you can and can't bring to campus with you.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Hey I’m staying at George Elliot this year and I was wondering if I could take a mini fridge in and if inspections will make me take it out ?

Hey I’m staying at George Elliot this year and I was wondering if I could take a mini fridge in and if inspections will make me take it out ?
hey im going to george elliot and im wondering if i can get a mini fridge in my room ?

Hi, I’m staying at George Elliot and I’m wondering if I can take a mini fridge into my room and if we get inspections that would take it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending