The Student Room Group

Atkins Internship Assessment Centre

I’ve been invited for a virtual assessment for Atkins Nuclear and Power Internship. How do I prepare for it? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by OJ_baba
I’ve been invited for a virtual assessment for Atkins Nuclear and Power Internship. How do I prepare for it? Thanks

Dress up as you would for a real interview.
Keep calm, don’t be nervous.
Take your time, think your words through before you say them.
Be confident, and engaging.
Stay motivated even if a part goes wrong

Wishing you all the best, hope it goes well for you!!!
Reply 2
Hi! I know this was last year but I have a virtual assessment for the same thing coming up soon. Could you tell me what they asked you and how you recommend to prepare?
Original post by ems_lh
Hi! I know this was last year but I have a virtual assessment for the same thing coming up soon. Could you tell me what they asked you and how you recommend to prepare?

try assessmentday site
They likely won't expect much of you. Just show that you're enthusiastic, likeable, and that you work well with others. HR will likely quiz you on the topics of the '4 core values' of Atkins:
- Safety
- Integrity
- Innovation
- Collaboration

https://careers.snclavalin.com/vision-values

The N&P business... I have no idea what their assessments look like. They're a bit of a mystery within our own company. They do very 'sensitive' (nuclear) work of course. They have their own reporting structure, separate servers, separate internal sites which I don't think anyone else has access to. They don't even show up on our organisational charts, unless you know exactly who you are looking for. So I imagine they don't want people working for them who are sloppy with their security, or leak confidential information about their projects outside of work to friends and family. In other words... don't come across as 'one of those' people that writes your passwords down on post-it notes.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks very much, that's very helpful! Will bear that in mind :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest