AA..
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Please could anyone tell me some really good revision tips to help me revise and get good marks. I need to find a revision method for science, english, maths, ethics and philosophy, history, geography and french in particular, but other tips will be appreciated too.
northernlights60
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
1. Get all your revision guides
2. Find the revision method that works for you
3. Past papers
4. Perfect your exam technique

Past papers/topic questions:

- Just maths
- Physics and maths tutor
- Your exam board websites
- Corbett maths
- Maths Genie

Some revision methods:

- Spider diagrams
- Notes
- Quizlet
- Anki flashcards

Good youtube vids:

Cognito
Free science lessons
Mr Bruff
Mr Salles
Hegarthy maths

Tips for science:

Write in bullet points/tables for comparisons
After doing past questions memorise the key answers so you don't waffle and as some answers are very keyword specific.

French tips:

- Duolingo for french
- Practise forming tenses
- Check with your teacher what you need to get the higher grades i.e for edexel we need 5 tenses, negative opinions, changes in pronouns and comparatives ect for a grade 7.

Extra tips:
- Ask the kids in your year that get the highest grades. What do they do?
- Watch youtube vids for tips
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AA..)
Please could anyone tell me some really good revision tips to help me revise and get good marks. I need to find a revision method for science, english, maths, ethics and philosophy, history, geography and french in particular, but other tips will be appreciated too.
great tips from person above! don't think geography was mentioned so I'll give some tips, which allowed me to get an 8 in the real exam I took edexcel b geography, I used the purple flashcards by pearson. Really would recommend it! Also practiced a few past papers before the exam.

I currently take geography at alevel and adopted a slightly different technique. I still use flashcards (make them my self), but after I have revised these flashcards I make a mindmap and write down everything that I can remember. Find this technique even more effective than just revising flashcards only. quizlet is sometimes useful if you have a large case study to revise too.

Hope this helps you.
northernlights60
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You can also find revision booklets for each of your subjects online.
AA..
Rep:
?
(Original post by northernlights60)
1. Get all your revision guides
2. Find the revision method that works for you
3. Past papers
4. Perfect your exam technique

Past papers/topic questions:

- Just maths
- Physics and maths tutor
- Your exam board websites
- Corbett maths
- Maths Genie

Some revision methods:

- Spider diagrams
- Notes
- Quizlet
- Anki flashcards

Good youtube vids:

Cognito
Free science lessons
Mr Bruff
Mr Salles
Hegarthy maths

Tips for science:

Write in bullet points/tables for comparisons
After doing past questions memorise the key answers so you don't waffle and as some answers are very keyword specific.

French tips:

- Duolingo for french
- Practise forming tenses
- Check with your teacher what you need to get the higher grades i.e for edexel we need 5 tenses, negative opinions, changes in pronouns and comparatives ect for a grade 7.

Extra tips:
- Ask the kids in your year that get the highest grades. What do they do?
- Watch youtube vids for tips
This is very helpful; I've watched all the videos you've recommended at least once before, and they were quite useful. I'll definitely try summarising my flashcards into mindmaps. This advice has been really useful.
Thanks so much!
AA..
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
great tips from person above! don't think geography was mentioned so I'll give some tips, which allowed me to get an 8 in the real exam I took edexcel b geography, I used the purple flashcards by pearson. Really would recommend it! Also practiced a few past papers before the exam.

I currently take geography at alevel and adopted a slightly different technique. I still use flashcards (make them my self), but after I have revised these flashcards I make a mindmap and write down everything that I can remember. Find this technique even more effective than just revising flashcards only. quizlet is sometimes useful if you have a large case study to revise too.

Hope this helps you.
I'm hoping to do geography next year as a GCSE option, so thanks so much for the tips. This was super helpful.
Thanks!
northernlights60
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AA..)
This is very helpful; I've watched all the videos you've recommended at least once before, and they were quite useful. I'll definitely try summarising my flashcards into mindmaps. This advice has been really useful.
Thanks so much!
Np! I am glad it helped, just some tips I gathered overtime!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (94)
38.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.46%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise