The Student Room Group

can u anyone give me tips how to revision

i cant focus on exams its getting harder and harder i cant focus on education its some one is nice helping me plzzzz give me tipssssssss
Original post by khatijatariq
i cant focus on exams its getting harder and harder i cant focus on education its some one is nice helping me plzzzz give me tipssssssss

What I would recommend is playing instrumental music when revising, I find it easier to concentrate when music is playing for me. Would also recommend taking lots of breaks and having enough sleep. I once had 2 hours of sleep and had school the next day.... was not a good choice, don't do that! Make lists of everything you want to complete, as it is very satisfying every time you tick something off. pomodoro technique is good, used that for a while. Some people tend to work better during night than day, I like to have a non-productive morning and sleep in, but then work harder during the evening. I usually get distracted within the morning which might be reason why I am more productive at night. Maybe follow some study accounts on instagram, they motivate me!
Original post by khatijatariq

I am not sure what your problem is regarding focus, so I'm going to give the blanket tips:

Past papers - application of knowledge is usually easier than rote memorisation

Talking to people about it - interacting with people makes it easier to remember and understand things. Courtesy of Feyman.

Revision websites for practice quizzes and how people approach out the exam problems

Meditation to help you condition/control your focus

Diagrams > long prose of texts if you're a visual learner

Videos on topics you don't understand - Khan academy, some things on YouTube

Exam Practice guides

Outline the bigger picture using mind maps - helps to put things into perspective

Reply 3
Reflect on how you will feel when the exams are over and you’ve passed them. Get a routine that has study time and breaks and treats. Try to find a slightly inspiring place to study, not easy in a lockdown I appreciate

Quick Reply

Latest