ruqaiyahhhx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
so far ive got car c produces the most Co2 during manufacture but the least during driving per km. And then idk what to write can someone help pleaseee
ruqaiyahhhx
Rep:
?
:banghead: h e l p m e p l s i a m l i t e r a l l y d y i n g
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ruqaiyahhhx)
so far ive got car c produces the most Co2 during manufacture but the least during driving per km. And then idk what to write can someone help pleaseee
Shouldn't you also focus on the total CO2 after 40,000 and 100,000 km?
ruqaiyahhhx
Rep:
?
(Original post by charco)
Shouldn't you also focus on the total CO2 after 40,000 and 100,000 km?
Yess!! its a 6 marker so ive got to write a bit to get 6 marks so is this okay?

car c produces the most Co2 during manufacture but the least during driving per km. However car B during manufacture produces more than car c and even more at 100,000 km. Hence the amount of greenhouses gases would be increasing. Nevertheless, car a produces the least co2 during manufacture and overall the least amount of emissions at 100,000 km.

Anything else i could write? And thank you
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ruqaiyahhhx)
Yess!! its a 6 marker so ive got to write a bit to get 6 marks so is this okay?

car c produces the most Co2 during manufacture but the least during driving per km. However car B during manufacture produces more than car c and even more at 100,000 km. Hence the amount of greenhouses gases would be increasing. Nevertheless, car a produces the least co2 during manufacture and overall the least amount of emissions at 100,000 km.

Anything else i could write? And thank you
Maybe mention that nowadays cars last far longer than 100,000 km
ruqaiyahhhx
Rep:
?
(Original post by charco)
Maybe mention that nowadays cars last far longer than 100,000 km
Huh? can i acc write that? idek chemistry makes me want to cry :/
gregdixon2021
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
When it comes to questions like these, you need to pick out every piece of information given and assess it - that's what the examiner is wanting you to do.

E.g.
- Car A produces 14,000kg of CO2 during manufacture, whilst Car B produces 20,000kg and Car C produces 23,000kg. Therefore, Car A produces the least amount of CO2 during manufacture, whilst Car C produces the most amount of CO2 during manufacture.

- HOWEVER... Car A produces the most amount of CO2 with 0.123kg per km whilst driving, with Car B producing 0.085kg per km and Car C producing only 0.044kg. This means Car C produces the least amount of CO2 per km whilst driving.

etc. etc. you just need to keep comparing them
notice how it says 'use information from table 1'. This means that the question is only really focusing on what it gives you.
ruqaiyahhhx
Rep:
?
(Original post by gregdixon2021)
When it comes to questions like these, you need to pick out every piece of information given and assess it - that's what the examiner is wanting you to do.

E.g.
- Car A produces 14,000kg of CO2 during manufacture, whilst Car B produces 20,000kg and Car C produces 23,000kg. Therefore, Car A produces the least amount of CO2 during manufacture, whilst Car C produces the most amount of CO2 during manufacture.

- HOWEVER... Car A produces the most amount of CO2 with 0.123kg per km whilst driving, with Car B producing 0.085kg per km and Car C producing only 0.044kg. This means Car C produces the least amount of CO2 per km whilst driving.

etc. etc. you just need to keep comparing them
notice how it says 'use information from table 1'. This means that the question is only really focusing on what it gives you.
omg thank you so much!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise