The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance teacher training funding 21/22?

Hi,
I'm trying to applying for student finance for my teacher training course which starts in September 2021. I'm currently doing a masters and last year completed an undergrad course.

When I go onto the SFE website and try to make a new full-time application, I get an error message saying "You already have existing applications for all available academic years."

I'm presuming this is because my current masters doesn't finish until September (when my teacher training course starts). How do I go about resolving this?

Thanks!

-Edit-
Oops, this was meant to be posted on the SFE forum but TSR has automatically placed it here instead. Regardless, if anyone has any advice please let me know!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bxcondream
Hi,
I'm trying to applying for student finance for my teacher training course which starts in September 2021. I'm currently doing a masters and last year completed an undergrad course.

When I go onto the SFE website and try to make a new full-time application, I get an error message saying "You already have existing applications for all available academic years."

I'm presuming this is because my current masters doesn't finish until September (when my teacher training course starts). How do I go about resolving this?

Thanks!

-Edit-
Oops, this was meant to be posted on the SFE forum but TSR has automatically placed it here instead. Regardless, if anyone has any advice please let me know!

Hello @bxcondream

Teacher Training funding is applied for as an Undergraduate. However, as you could be seen as having an overlap of Post-Grad and Under-grad funding, you would be better placed to complete a paper form rather than one of the online ones, as that way a person will assess your claim, rather than a robot. (https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms)

All the best, Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending