Applying for student finance teacher training funding 21/22?

Watch
bxcondream
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

I'm trying to applying for student finance for my teacher training course which starts in September 2021. I'm currently doing a masters and last year completed an undergrad course.

When I go onto the SFE website and try to make a new full-time application, I get an error message saying "You already have existing applications for all available academic years."

I'm presuming this is because my current masters doesn't finish until September (when my teacher training course starts). How do I go about resolving this?
Shaun SFE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by bxcondream)
Hi,

I'm trying to applying for student finance for my teacher training course which starts in September 2021. I'm currently doing a masters and last year completed an undergrad course.

When I go onto the SFE website and try to make a new full-time application, I get an error message saying "You already have existing applications for all available academic years."

I'm presuming this is because my current masters doesn't finish until September (when my teacher training course starts). How do I go about resolving this?
Good Afternoon,

You will need to apply on the paper application form here > https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2122/ft/...orm_2122_o.pdf as the Masters application will prevent the PGCE application being completed online.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
bxcondream
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Shaun SFE)
Good Afternoon,

You will need to apply on the paper application form here > https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2122/ft/...orm_2122_o.pdf as the Masters application will prevent the PGCE application being completed online.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Hi Shaun,

I've been informed that because my Masters finishes on the 10th September and my PGCE starts on the 6th September that student finance will not be granted due to this 4 day overlap. Is this the case?
Shaun SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Shaun,

I've been informed that because my Masters finishes on the 10th September and my PGCE starts on the 6th September that student finance will not be granted due to this 4 day overlap. Is this the case?
If there's an overlap in courses then it would make you ineligible for funding. However, if the course did end prior to the 04/09 you would be fine and the university could send confirmation of this over to us electronically (Change of Circumstance) confirming the end date.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
bxcondream
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry if this is a silly question but why would my masters course need to end prior to the 4th September if my PGCE starts on the 6th September?
Shaun SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry if this is a silly question but why would my masters course need to end prior to the 4th September if my PGCE starts on the 6th September?
Sorry that's my mistake, it would need to end before the 06/09.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (196)
43.85%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.83%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (94)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed