Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    drink nothing else but water for one month and you will lose at least half a stone. Remember strictly water, if you can give up other liquids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    cut off you legs. they are damn heavy
    indeed they are....i hadn't actually thought of that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ant87)
    i agree, but i would have a lot more self confidence if i was slimmer. i can be quite shy sometimes, so being lighter would make me feel much better!
    Would it? How do you know it would make you feel better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    you sure do get more confident when you feel you look prettier,so if you feel prettier when you aere slimmer the n you'll get more confident,I'm like 12498686848493 sure of that thats what the guy/girl meant I guesws

ReputationRep:
    I found weight watchers to be sound achievable and long term

got from 15.5 stone to 13.0 stone and remained there for 12 months

no food is a sin
    eat what you like but point it
    points are based on saturated fat in a food and calories in a food

plenty of exercise, water, veg pasta and rice chicken breast tuna beware of cheese pizza quiche, ready meals, processed food with hidden fat

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    If you're not overweight walking doesn't really do much for you, you burn very few calories. If you actually want to lose weight by exercising then you need to do something far more active.
    I know, but the thread was asking about losing weight. If someone is only a little overweight, it might be better to just keep in shape, rather than take drastic steps to lose a pre-determined account. Admittedly I'm no expert weight loss, but that makes sense to me.

I was always the annoying kid who ate and ate and didn't put any weight on :rolleyes: Once I stopped growing I stopped eating like a horse I've played sports all my life so I think it balances all the junk I've eaten.

Once you have your body in a state of fitness you can change your weight with little tweaks to your exercise and diet. I'm 6'2" and moved pretty easily between 13 1/2 stone when I was playing American football, and 11 1/2 stone when I was swimming competitively.

If cutting out the junk food and doing regular, but not too strenuous, exercise can move 2 stone around, it should be able to work for just a little trimming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    because at the moment i am self conscious about the way i look when i go to a party and wear a tightish top or somehting. i suppose im not really overweight, and its not so much the actual number that bothers me, its the way it looks. also im quite short (5''3') so if my weight fluctuates a bit to me its really obvious. i just want to be able to feel more confident about my body all the time. but i guess all 17 year olds feel like this!

ReputationRep:
    oh sh*t, dont start doing calorie controlled diets or weightwatchers etc, jus step up the activity level, more exercise, more sports, ride a bike instead of drivin etc. more fun that way!

ReputationRep:
    while we're on the subject, does any1 know a decent exercise for the abs? sit-ups are gettin a bit annoyin now.

ReputationRep:
    Eat a good breakfast, like toast and orange juice. Then a boots shapers meal for lunch, and your normal tea. Do sit ups in the morning and evening, and go swimming once a week

Lost me half a stone in 2 weeks last August which I've kept off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confused?)
    drink nothing else but water for one month and you will lose at least half a stone. Remember strictly water, if you can give up other liquids.
    How exactly is this going to happen?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo narb you know stuff about exercise. Whats the best way to get a toned abdomen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roma)
    Drink like loadz of water before you eat as this fills the tummy!
    also eat your dinner before 5 asthis helps with the digestion and stuff!!!
    Happy losing weight!
    Why is digestion better before 5 than after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Ooo narb you know stuff about exercise. Whats the best way to get a toned abdomen?
    Sit Ups?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Sit Ups?
    Yeah i know about those, but apparently they only do so much and i go to the gym as well so i want to try other things.

Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    Forgot I already posted on this thread.

Anyway to get a toned stomach you just need to lose weight, its not about how many sit-ups you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Forgot I already posted on this thread.

Anyway to get a toned stomach you just need to lose weight, its not about how many sit-ups you do.

But what if you're an ok weight already and just want a decent looking stomach? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

But what if you're an ok weight already and just want a decent looking stomach? :confused:
    Then lose some bodyfat, at the end of the day its not about the numbers on the scales, its how you look, dont like the way you look? Change it. If you're wanting a more toned stomach, or a better looking stomach, or a flatter stomach, whatever, the only way thats going to happen is by losing fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Whats the best way to get a toned abdomen?
    Sit-ups or squats are the best way to do it.

As well as any gym/weight machines that involve bending at the stomach/waist while lifting.... and, swimming.

(Original post by confused?)
    no coke?

i agree that being slimmer makes you feel better about yourself and consequently,you are more confident...i think....that's a good thing,right?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.