Report Thread starter 5 months ago
im in yr 13 and do aqa so any help ?
Last edited by afnann02; 3 weeks ago
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm a first year Politics uni student and I did politics at A-Level too.

I don't think anyone can tell you the best way to revise - that's purely based on how you learn. For me, I just re-wrote my scribbles of notes I made in class, made it legible and highlighted the important parts. I ended up with three fat ring-binder folders just for politics with pages of hand-written notes. For me that worked perfectly as I could just read stuff and remember it. Other people used flash cards, or got others to test them on certain case study facts etc. Just a personal preference.

There's a great website called 'Pre-Chewed Politics' which most colleges have an account for. There's an endless bank of videos explaining just about everything you could need to know. It's broken down into specific topics based on the syllabus. Ask your teacher for a login if you don't already use it.
Peony123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by afnann02)
So I do I Edexcel a level politics and I’m struggling a lot with how to remember/revise the content learnt or even make good quality notes. I’m in year 13 atm and know that it I don’t get a grip on politics then I’m definitely failing😭what makes it worse is the fact that it’s predicted grades this year. If anybody can help pls feel free to let me know and also maybe even link down any free notes? Or what could come up in the mocks? Like could it be the 2019 paper? Idk. Thanks in advance Xx
I got an A in a level politics after resitting after getting a C - I changed my revision technique to trying to remember all the facts to doing every single past paper! I found after doing past papers and marking them you learn the facts more effectively that way and you quickly realise that most a level politics questions are the same
mcvinod22
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
So I do I Edexcel a level politics and I’m struggling a lot with how to remember/revise the content learnt or even make good quality notes. I’m in year 13 atm and know that it I don’t get a grip on politics then I’m definitely failing😭what makes it worse is the fact that it’s predicted grades this year. If anybody can help pls feel free to let me know and also maybe even link down any free notes? Or what could come up in the mocks? Like could it be the 2019 paper? Idk. Thanks in advance Xx
Hey similar to the person above me, I was given a C in august in 2020 by my teachers and got an A in October after I sat my exam. At its core all it is is just being able to make a reasoned argument. As long as you have essay plans and and what you are writing makes sense you will be awarded marks. As for revision I made essay plans which covered every possible question I could be asked and surprisingly a lot of the questions overlapped so my essay plans covered that.

If you have any questions PM, Always happy to help
afnann02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by mcvinod22)
Hey similar to the person above me, I was given a C in august in 2020 by my teachers and got an A in October after I sat my exam. At its core all it is is just being able to make a reasoned argument. As long as you have essay plans and and what you are writing makes sense you will be awarded marks. As for revision I made essay plans which covered every possible question I could be asked and surprisingly a lot of the questions overlapped so my essay plans covered that.

If you have any questions PM, Always happy to help
Hi! Thank you sm for your response!! This motivated me a lot and also helped! Thank you massively <333333
afnann02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Peony123)
I got an A in a level politics after resitting after getting a C - I changed my revision technique to trying to remember all the facts to doing every single past paper! I found after doing past papers and marking them you learn the facts more effectively that way and you quickly realise that most a level politics questions are the same
Hey, this helped immensely and after reading this, I've realised how much I don't do enough practice papers but i'll defo be doing a lot more now! Thank you alot <33
afnann02
Rep:
?
(Original post by JOSH4598)
I'm a first year Politics uni student and I did politics at A-Level too.

I don't think anyone can tell you the best way to revise - that's purely based on how you learn. For me, I just re-wrote my scribbles of notes I made in class, made it legible and highlighted the important parts. I ended up with three fat ring-binder folders just for politics with pages of hand-written notes. For me that worked perfectly as I could just read stuff and remember it. Other people used flash cards, or got others to test them on certain case study facts etc. Just a personal preference.

There's a great website called 'Pre-Chewed Politics' which most colleges have an account for. There's an endless bank of videos explaining just about everything you could need to know. It's broken down into specific topics based on the syllabus. Ask your teacher for a login if you don't already use it.
Hi!! Thank you so much for this, i'm going to see if my teacher has a login for that website. Thank youu!!
Peony123
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, this helped immensely and after reading this, I've realised how much I don't do enough practice papers but i'll defo be doing a lot more now! Thank you alot <33
Feel free to message me if you need any help or anything
matt123456987
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I literally have perfect model answers for paper 1 and message me on insta (edward707_1999)
maryam171
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Peony123)
Hey would you mind please sending me all your essay plans as I have mocks soon and I’m really stressed 😫
Peony123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by maryam171)
Hey would you mind please sending me all your essay plans as I have mocks soon and I’m really stressed 😫
I don’t share notes sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (13)
14.94%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
19.54%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.39%

Watched Threads