maaariyahh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys, so I’m currently really confused and stressed as to what uni to go to. I want to study Law LLB, I’m thinking of Uni of Leicester, DMU AND NTU. I haven’t applied for Uni Of Leicester as I was hoping to get through with clearing. I live in leicester so it is more convenient but I’ve heard a lot about how they are quite independent and don’t offer support so I’m scared that I won’t get help when in need it, which is now why I’ve considered DMU. I’ve not seen much about Law at DMU but was hoping someone could help me. NTU is supposed to be really good but that would mean I’d have to get an accommodation and most of them are going out pretty fast.
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You really seem to have left things to the last minute. You have not applied to Leicester uni and hope to get in through clearing. Not likely this year. Most unis have had to make unconditional offers to students who exceeded their grades last year once the school grades were deemed acceptable.

Regardless of which uni you go to, do not expect very much help. You are considered an adult so if you don't turn up to lectures and tutorials then no one will give a damn. No head of the sixth form writing a mail to your parents once you get to uni I am afraid.
maaariyahh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
You really seem to have left things to the last minute. You have not applied to Leicester uni and hope to get in through clearing. Not likely this year. Most unis have had to make unconditional offers to students who exceeded their grades last year once the school grades were deemed acceptable.

Regardless of which uni you go to, do not expect very much help. You are considered an adult so if you don't turn up to lectures and tutorials then no one will give a damn. No head of the sixth form writing a mail to your parents once you get to uni I am afraid.
I’ve sorted it now! Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed