Advice?

Watch
Ivyreign
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thoughts please. I’ve cut my accommodation down to two options in halls of residence.

Option 1 is 95 a week it is en-suite and it’s okay nothing flash. Shared kitchen is small and location isn’t fantastic

Option 2 is 133 a week. Is really modern big kitchen has a gym and a much better common room. The location is closer to the uni and my job two and is right in the centre with all the bars, plus it’s got greggs right next door. ( if that doesn’t sell it nothing will lol)

Obviously the price is a massive difference. After accommodation with option 1 I have around £75 a week left for living plus 25 from parents and £100 from my job. Option two I have £35 plus job and money from parents. What would you decide?

(I’m reposting as didn’t get replies)
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ivyreign)
Thoughts please. I’ve cut my accommodation down to two options in halls of residence.

Option 1 is 95 a week it is en-suite and it’s okay nothing flash. Shared kitchen is small and location isn’t fantastic

Option 2 is 133 a week. Is really modern big kitchen has a gym and a much better common room. The location is closer to the uni and my job two and is right in the centre with all the bars, plus it’s got greggs right next door. ( if that doesn’t sell it nothing will lol)

Obviously the price is a massive difference. After accommodation with option 1 I have around £75 a week left for living plus 25 from parents and £100 from my job. Option two I have £35 plus job and money from parents. What would you decide?

(I’m reposting as didn’t get replies)
Option 1, would be the better choice, for me. How far is it away from campus?
Ivyreign
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
Option 1, would be the better choice, for me. How far is it away from campus?
Option 1 is 20mins option 2 is 5. It’s not the distance that bothers me it’s the distance to my job. I work for a pub chain so I will get a transfer to the city the university is in. As it’s a bar I may be doing late nights. From the pub to the more expensive accommodation it’s 5 minutes but it’s in a public area.

The cheaper accommodation it’s 20 minutes and I have to cross roads and walk down side streets and alleyways.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ivyreign)
Option 1 is 20mins option 2 is 5. It’s not the distance that bothers me it’s the distance to my job. I work for a pub chain so I will get a transfer to the city the university is in. As it’s a bar I may be doing late nights. From the pub to the more expensive accommodation it’s 5 minutes but it’s in a public area.

The cheaper accommodation it’s 20 minutes and I have to cross roads and walk down side streets and alleyways.
20 minutes isn't that bad. Do you drive?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’d go option 2
You’re still going to have £160 a week to live on.
Cuts down on travel buses/taxis etc.
And you won’t need to pay out for a gym and you have a more comfortable common area.
Ivyreign
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
20 minutes isn't that bad. Do you drive?
Yes but I’m selling my car I’m 18 so insurance is expensive. Someone crashed into me this year as well (my first year of insurance) so is not really any cheaper this year. Plus it’s a city there is no parking anywhere and traffic is horrible. The pub is in a pedestrianised area too so I can’t drive to it.
Ivyreign
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
I’d go option 2
You’re still going to have £160 a week to live on.
Cuts down on travel buses/taxis etc.
And you won’t need to pay out for a gym and you have a more comfortable common area.
I think you are right. From a safety point I think 2 is better as well. Thanks
Clark kent 2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think option 2 as well, a bit more but its nearer to your university and more space
Last edited by Clark kent 2; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
8.11%
I need help researching courses (3)
8.11%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
8.11%
I need help with my personal statement (18)
48.65%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
18.92%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.7%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
5.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed