My parents have sex almost every day and aren’t even discreet about it

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So this is... extremely awkward to talk about. Hence the anonymous thread. But I feel like I’m going out of my mind and haven’t even brought myself to talking about this with my therapist, because of how embarrassing it is

So I’m a 19 year old female and moved out for uni in September, but eventually had to move back to my parents’ home due to financial strains. I’m the eldest of three younger siblings, and yes I understand that whilst my parents are human too and it’s natural to be intimate, can’t they be a little more discreet about it and at least try to hold their... urges, until it’s late at night or we’re not home at least

I mean my parents room is literally on the other side of the wall of my room, and the walls are paper thin. I can hear them whispering to each other when I’m in my room, never mind full blown sex. At times like 8pm when I’ll just have gotten back from work and I’m lying in my room just chilling, I’ll suddenly here my parents at it. My siblings are upstairs as well and they can probably here it from their rooms, but not as much as me. In the middle of the day when we’re all doing our own thing, my parents will go to their bedroom, we can hear the lock click, and it gets super awkward between my siblings and I, as we probably know what’s going on, but don’t say anything

The other day, my mum walked out of her room literally with just a blanket draped around her, making it so painstakingly obvious what had just happened. I’m not bashing them anything, all I’m saying is that it is EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE hearing your parents have sex almost every day or every other day, without them even trying to make it discreet

What’s more, just a few weeks ago my parents were on the brink of divorce, with my dad living elsewhere for 3 months, and now that he’s back, I feel like they’re having sex more than before. Back in the past, whilst I did hear them from time to time, they at least tried to be quiet or tried to do it at times when everyone was out of the house or asleep. But now it’s like they’re trying to prove a point or something, not even attempting to hide the noises or anything

It’s seriously affecting me more than it should, and affecting my studies in a way too. I sometimes need to stay up late to finish an assignment or rewatch a tutorial or something, but then I just hear them start, and it puts me off completely. They know I must be awake too because if I can hear all their hushed whispers and everything, they can probably hear all sound emitting from my room too

Any advice on this?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Also I would just like to quickly add that my parents do not “love” each other and never have. They had a tough marriage, arranged by their families, and just deal with each other, to keep up “social status” and not break the family. I come from a south Asian family, and so there is a lot of stigma into breaking apart marriages. So please don’t say anything like ‘oh you should be glad your parents love each other enough to be having sex all the time!’ because that isn’t the case Half the time I don’t think my mum even wants it, but feels like she has to cos of my dad. It’s an extremely uncomfortable situation to be in, and I wish to god I wasn’t living here right now
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Ignore them
username4521132
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
lmao
Amin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Maybe they are just acting to make you and your siblings think that they still love each other.
sophiechristie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think you've got 3 options:
1) you confront it head on and go through the really awkward conversation of telling them to be more quiet as it is effecting you.
2) instead of confronting it head on maybe play your own music really loud or bang on the wall to try and give them a hint that you can hear them really clearly.
3) play them at their own game
last option is risky but hope your situation improves!
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Talk to them. It's the more awkward thing to do but it will probably give you the most long term quiet.
Anonymous #3
Report 5 months ago
Play the uno reverse card on them. Start masturbating extremely loudly to put them off.
Big Barbie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fair play for them having an active sex life
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This reminds me of a truth or dare I once heard.

Truth: Would you rather watch your parents have sex for the next 5 years or join in once to make it stop?

Take from that what you will. :borat:
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed