The Student Room Group

How I lost £650 Gambling on Blackjack!

Hello my name is Teo and I felt that my story may benefit someone and possibly ask for some advice. I am 19 years old and generally pretty savvy with my money. However, a week ago I got sucked into the gambling industry and in specific the game of blackjack. First I started small £1 or £2 bets which progressed into £5-£10 etc. Anyways a week in I was up £1500. Pretty good, time to withdraw right? Wrong! The idiotic me seriously believed that this was a sustainable income source and then one faithful night. I lost it all, plus +£650 of my own money. It felt horrible, it was the strangest type of pain I have ever felt. Your brain just goes through all of the thing you could have bought/ do with the money and wipes them out keeping you awake all day and wiping the appetite off you all of this in a nice little 5 hour package of "entertainment". Anyways my advice is. If you want to gamble I wouldn't stop you but make sure that you are sensible with it and realise you will lose in the long run. Don't spend on it more than you would spend on regular entertainment.

My question to all of you now is: How can I make this £650 back? I do have a part time job but this only helps me cover my expenses! What's your advice?
Reply 1
don't worry about making the money back, just do not gamble to make it back as you will always lose, there is always an algorithm to ensure you will always lose, just focus hard on working and eventually you can make the money back slowly
I lost money gambling too.
Reply 3
@qam thanks for the response Qam. Its still very hard to suck in the loss. However i am proud to say that I haven't gambled / had the urge to gamble since. i am trying to focus my attention/ energy into studies and possibly starting a side hustle.Not sure yet i guess we will see where it goes. Gambling is honestly terrible and It might be a good thing that this loss happened to stop me Gambling early on 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending