MANCHESTER VS SOUTHAMPTON for EEE

Watch this thread
tommtomm
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys. I applied for Electrical and Electronic Engineering at UCL, Southampton, Manchester, Warwick and Loughborough.

Got rejected from UCL, got offers from Southampton and Manchester and just had an interview for Loughborough so I should hear back this week. Not really keen on Warwick as it isn't good for my course.

At this moment, I'm going to firm Manchester and insure Loughborough, and I'm very sure I want to go to Manchester, but I don't like ruling things out without ample reason to.

Southampton is very good for my course, as is Manchester, and as much as I love Manchester, I would like to know more about Southampton, as I don't really know anyone who is applying there, goes there or has gone there in the past.

I'd appreciate if anyone could compare Manchester and Southampton for me, in terms of the environment, the campus and the people, as I have concluded that their courses are pretty much equally as good. I'm leaning towards more Manchester because I like their modules (compulsory and optional) and I hear their night life is very very good, plus I know people who go there, but again I kindly ask for your opinion.

Thank you
madhavikum
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tommtomm)
Hi guys. I applied for Electrical and Electronic Engineering at UCL, Southampton, Manchester, Warwick and Loughborough.

Got rejected from UCL, got offers from Southampton and Manchester and just had an interview for Loughborough so I should hear back this week. Not really keen on Warwick as it isn't good for my course.

At this moment, I'm going to firm Manchester and insure Loughborough, and I'm very sure I want to go to Manchester, but I don't like ruling things out without ample reason to.

Southampton is very good for my course, as is Manchester, and as much as I love Manchester, I would like to know more about Southampton, as I don't really know anyone who is applying there, goes there or has gone there in the past.

I'd appreciate if anyone could compare Manchester and Southampton for me, in terms of the environment, the campus and the people, as I have concluded that their courses are pretty much equally as good. I'm leaning towards more Manchester because I like their modules (compulsory and optional) and I hear their night life is very very good, plus I know people who go there, but again I kindly ask for your opinion.

Thank you
I too would appreciate an answer. I have offer from imperial too though but condition is v high. But Southampton Manchester are two options. Am leaning towards Manchester but want to give serious thought to Southampton.
Pls share your views.
madhavikum
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tommtomm)

Thank you
Someone mentioned on one of the threads that Southampton EEE graduates r sought after by companies. What I would like to know since Manchester has a great reputation overall, are their graduates seen not at par? Thanks
tommtomm
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by madhavikum)
Someone mentioned on one of the threads that Southampton EEE graduates r sought after by companies. What I would like to know since Manchester has a great reputation overall, are their graduates seen not at par? Thanks
apparently, Manchester is looked very favourably upon by employers. i attended a careers talk by them and they said that (for those who do the year in industry course), 98%, or thereabout, of graduates have job offers waiting for them by the time they graduate. So I'd argue that Manchester graduates are at par with Southampton graduates, if not better off. Furthermore, they have links with more companies than Southampton it seems. I've already pretty much made my mind up for Manchester. Plus, i hear Manchester has a far better night life. My cousin went to Manchester to study international relations i think and he's working in corporate finance (a REALLY high paying job) and he told me that he'd choose Manchester over Southampton any day of the week. So I guess my mind is pretty much made up already. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (25)
32.47%
They're exactly what I expected (22)
28.57%