Ilie746
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello everyone!

This might not be the right place for such a post, but what do you think.

Basically, I want to change my course in my second year and there are two options that I appeal most to me. Either BA(Hons) Business Management and Economics or BA(Hons) Business Management and Accounting and Finance? I am at a top 30-40 university in the ranking. (Ex-poly if it will make any difference)

I don't really have a specific career path in mind, I am willing to try new things. I enjoy both of them, however, I am not sure which of the two degrees will be most beneficial for me.

When it comes to the Management&Economics, there are no exemptions from professional accreditations.
On the other hand, Management&Accounting&Finance does exempt me from half of the ICAEW and CIMA and "ACCA may grant exemptions from lower-level papers"

I am afraid that the Management&Accounting&Finance might be too broad, and after all, you can become an accountant with any degree.
On the other hand, Economics is a respected subject, however not that practical in the real world.

Accounting jobs do seem appealing to me, but Analysts jobs do not seem that bad either.
Might be interested in working for firms such as IBM, Big4, perhaps a bank if I can get a graduate scheme.

If anyone has any advice, experience or studied any of the two subjects please let me know!
Last edited by Ilie746; 2 months ago
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
hi there i moved your thread out of the debate section and into the relevant forum :goodluck:
Ilie746
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Joleee)
hi there i moved your thread out of the debate section and into the relevant forum :goodluck:
Agh thank you!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
given how vague you are on both employment options and academic preference, i don't think it matters beyond what you think you favour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed