MonoAno555
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Im an alevel student in the uk and thinking about the b4 school leaver program. Im more opted to do it at the EY is ive heard KPMG give higher starter salaries but is 6yrs whilst ey is 4-5. Ive heard the base pay/post qualification is higher in london and i am based outside.

It says the salary goes up to 22k (dependent on location) at ey, but after finishing the school leavers and completing all exams, how soon will i possibly earn around 30-50k?
mattyp502
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I’m a school leaver at EY in Edinburgh. I started on about 17.5k, and in my 2.5 years so far have averaged 15% raises each year, however the exact amount depends on the service line your in. Also, some service lines give bonuses.

The school leaver scheme at EY is 4.5 years and once you qualify, I think the salary is 40k (don’t know that for certain tho).
MonoAno555
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mattyp502)
Hi, I’m a school leaver at EY in Edinburgh. I started on about 17.5k, and in my 2.5 years so far have averaged 15% raises each year, however the exact amount depends on the service line your in. Also, some service lines give bonuses.

The school leaver scheme at EY is 4.5 years and once you qualify, I think the salary is 40k (don’t know that for certain tho).
Thanks for this info, im considering the tax service line (which says up to £22000 depending on location)
mattyp502
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MonoAno555)
Thanks for this info, im considering the tax service line (which says up to £22000 depending on location)
I think the £22k is London, the regional salaries are lower by a few thousand.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MonoAno555)
Im an alevel student in the uk and thinking about the b4 school leaver program. Im more opted to do it at the EY is ive heard KPMG give higher starter salaries but is 6yrs whilst ey is 4-5. Ive heard the base pay/post qualification is higher in london and i am based outside.

It says the salary goes up to 22k (dependent on location) at ey, but after finishing the school leavers and completing all exams, how soon will i possibly earn around 30-50k?
kpmg is only 6 years if u do the 360 programme, the audit one for example is 5 years.
most regional b4 offer around 17.5-18.5k first year, usually rising to about 35k after qualifying though it does depend on the service line
thesingularity
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In a regional office it will look something like this depending on service line.

Year 1 Associate: ~£18k
Year 2 Associate: ~£20k
Year 3 Associate: ~£22k
Year 4 Associate: ~£24.5k
Year 5 Associate: ~£27k
Senior (post-qualification): £35-40k
Manager: £50-55k
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (146)
42.07%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
15.27%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (140)
40.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise