The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Funding for Birkbeck's Graduate Diploma in Economics

Hi all, I'm currently considering applying for Birkbeck's Graduate Diploma in Economics to make up for some modules that I didn't take during my undergraduate degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics. I'm wondering if I could get some advice from current/former GDE students on funding. Specifically, is the GDE eligible for the government's graduate loans or is it possible to take out funding from Student Finance England for this having already completed an undergraduate degree? Many thanks in advance, Sam
Reply 1
Original post by SamMiley
Hi all, I'm currently considering applying for Birkbeck's Graduate Diploma in Economics to make up for some modules that I didn't take during my undergraduate degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics. I'm wondering if I could get some advice from current/former GDE students on funding. Specifically, is the GDE eligible for the government's graduate loans or is it possible to take out funding from Student Finance England for this having already completed an undergraduate degree? Many thanks in advance, Sam

You probably found answer to the above already. In case if you are still looking for an answer, I would suggest you look at the thread below:

SFE discussion on Birkbeck GDE Econ . I have added the relevant bit from the post below. Good luck!

SFE Isaac

Economics (Graduate Diploma) at Birkbeck course code GDGECNMC is an eligible part time course that attracts undergraduate funding.

Part Time
If you already hold an Honours degree or a higher level (HE) qualification, you are able to apply for a Part Time Fee Loan for any one of the exception course below. For students who start a new course from 18/19 onwards, this will mean they can apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan as well as tuition fees.
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- General and Others in Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

The graduate diploma is a level 6. As you already have a level 6 qualification you would not be eligible for this course.
You can only be funded for a qualification that is higher or an exception course.

Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
Reply 2
Hi everyone.
I would like to assess my technical knowledge depth for the course Graduate Diploma in Economics at Birkbeck College before applying.
Could anyone please share (if available for compensation) or advise on how to find Past Exam papers in Microeconomics, Applied Statistics and Econometrics and Macroeconomics?
I would appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending