frisk8370
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I heard they are going to release the papers they make for students to level the playing field for everyone. When is that? How will we access it? How is this going to work?
LiterallyHigh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The "unseen material" will contain new questions and it will be conducted after Mocks, think of it as official board exams. (Only for Pearson Edexcel tho) This is completely optional and depends from school to school.
This is what our school had to say:
Final Examination:
• All the students registered for IGCSE & IAL Examination (including additional subjects & units)
will respond to the unseen material provided by Pearson/Edexcel International in a controlled
situation and in a specified timeframe.
• The specified dates for the use of unseen content will be published on Pearson/Edexcel website
later on.
Marking of Unseen Material:
• Students’ responses to the unseen material will be sent to Pearson/Edexcel International
where the expert examiners will mark the work of the students and grade them.
Last edited by LiterallyHigh; 3 weeks ago
kevin_justin0624
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LiterallyHigh)
The "unseen material" will contain new questions and it will be conducted after Mocks, think of it as official board exams. (Only for Pearson Edexcel tho) This is completely optional and depends from school to school.
This is what our school had to say:
Final Examination:
• All the students registered for IGCSE & IAL Examination (including additional subjects & units)
will respond to the unseen material provided by Pearson/Edexcel International in a controlled
situation and in a specified timeframe.
• The specified dates for the use of unseen content will be published on Pearson/Edexcel website
later on.
Marking of Unseen Material:
• Students’ responses to the unseen material will be sent to Pearson/Edexcel International
where the expert examiners will mark the work of the students and grade them.
So is there any chance that the exam papers will be leaked?
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kevin_justin0624)
So is there any chance that the exam papers will be leaked?
They’re releasing the papers and mark schemes so that the papers don’t get leaked
a_w_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're school don't have to use the public papers- most schools aren't as they're completely useless to make grades from e.g. If you're working at grade 5 and then you suddenly get an 8 it's clear that that is not the grade you should get. ahhh this year is so complicated - I personally would rather have had an exam
techdose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where can I get these unseen materials prior to the exams?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (172)
41.85%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.84%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.95%

Watched Threads