The Student Room Group

Boston College or Warwick Business School?

Hi, guys I'm an international student. I just got an unconditional offer from Warwick and Boston College.

Warwick for BSc Management
Boston College for BSc Economics

I am thinking about getting into investment banking or management consulting after graduation and then go to a PE firm or fund after a few years. I am struggling to choose between BC or WBS.

For BC I can transfer to the BC Carroll School of Management and study sth. similar to business management or finance.
Original post by ElmerQin
Hi, guys I'm an international student. I just got an unconditional offer from Warwick and Boston College.

I am thinking about getting into investment banking or management consulting after graduation and then go to a PE firm or fund after a few years. I am struggling to choose between BC or WBS.

For BC I can transfer to the BC Carroll School of Management and study sth. similar to business management or finance.

Warwick is a target. BC is a semi.

I'm also not sure on the situation of internationals recruiting in the US. I've heard it's more difficult because VISA stuff. Someone else can chime in or you can research that. Atm it seems like Warwick wins.
Reply 2
Original post by anonuser99
Warwick is a target. BC is a semi.

I'm also not sure on the situation of internationals recruiting in the US. I've heard it's more difficult because VISA stuff. Someone else can chime in or you can research that. Atm it seems like Warwick wins.

Hi, thank you so much for your answer. I will say I'm more inclined to attend Warwick. How difficult is it for an international student to get an IB office in London?
Hi, thank you so much for your answer. I will say I'm more inclined to attend Warwick. How difficult is it for an international student to get an IB office in London?

Well, international students get student visa's so they automatically have Right-to-work in the UK. The rest is up to you.

Take Boston.

Many, many more opportunities for IB/consulting/PE in US than UK... way better chances, and the salaries are ~40% higher

UK only has London for world-class finance/consulting jobs... the US has great gigs even in tier 2 cities.
Reply 5
Original post by Buttmuffin
Take Boston.

Many, many more opportunities for IB/consulting/PE in US than UK... way better chances, and the salaries are ~40% higher

UK only has London for world-class finance/consulting jobs... the US has great gigs even in tier 2 cities.

Dear Buttmuffin, thank you so much for your answer. I do believe the US is the land of opportunity. However, Warwick seems more targeted by IB and consultancy. which would you say matters the most, location or reputation?
Reply 6
Elmer... go to the US, I completed my bachelor degree in US best university experience across the globe.
Dear Buttmuffin, thank you so much for your answer. I do believe the US is the land of opportunity. However, Warwick seems more targeted by IB and consultancy. which would you say matters the most, location or reputation?

Both matter, but are weighted differently...

If you were asking LSE/Oxbridge/Imperial/LBS or Boston, I would say the UK University... But the reputation of Warwick isn't strong enough to warrant the move - and Boston is a very good University & student life will be far superior
Reply 8
Original post by TDAR21
Elmer... go to the US, I completed my bachelor degree in US best university experience across the globe.

Hi TDAR21. My ultimate goal is to break into the corporate world. May I ask which uni you went to and does it lead to a job in your dream industry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending