The Student Room Group

year 12 failing

i'm in year 12 and my other subjects are okay but i am totally failing in biology! i do well in class and small quizzes but in all my end of topic tests i've gotten over 63% so B, C, D, C. i need a A for my ucas but i'm scared this won't happen anymore because i've been doing so poorly. does anyone know if i could still possibly get an A? or how i could improve in biology?
Reply 1
Original post by A.B72
i'm in year 12 and my other subjects are okay but i am totally failing in biology! i do well in class and small quizzes but in all my end of topic tests i've gotten over 63% so B, C, D, C. i need a A for my ucas but i'm scared this won't happen anymore because i've been doing so poorly. does anyone know if i could still possibly get an A? or how i could improve in biology?

Hire a ghostwriter😅
Original post by A.B72

hey , i don't know if it would work the same at your school but you can ask the teacher for extra work / sheets to do . it has helped a lot of people in my year . you could also ask your teacher if they have any advice / retake the course ?
i am also in year 12 and am currently getting C's and am trying to boost myself to an A. i wouldnt say that you are failing just yet, be optimistic! I have found the the best thing to do is not worry about you previous grades and start from fresh to get a better mindset. if you go into studying thinking to yourself that you are failing its not going to be as productive. with learning the content i suggest getting the CGP a-level revision cards and work book. But if you want to do well in exams and quizzes the best thing to do is answer LOADS of past paper questions because usually the same types of questions pop up every year and if you study th markscheme you will know the answers to some questions immediately and get all the marks because you know the points. Also i suggest watching miss estruch biology videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4caNO-iJ8-4jGB1WOdo9w They really help when you are trying to remember what was said in lessons and stuff. I am horrible at making notes so all these things really help me and i hope this helps you!

Quick Reply

Latest