Reply 1
So you're not taking the vaccine?
Original post by Amin7
So you're not taking the vaccine?

do they have oral pills?
Reply 3
Original post by HucktheForde
do they have oral pills?

I don't know to be honest, I have just heard of the vaccines.
according to everyone I've known who's got it (including many with a phobia of needles) they can easily distract you from it so ytou don't see it if u let them know in advance and it doesn't hurt.
not a big fan of needles

You're not alone - loads and loads of people are scared of needles! Honestly, I'm the same - but I'm still going to get the vaccine, and I'd encourage you to reconsider.

It only takes a couple minutes and those minutes can help protect your own and other people's lives. It's so important to get if it's made available to you so that we can defeat this thing! Try taking distractions with you (watch a netflix show or book, perhaps) whilst it's happening - guaranteed you won't remember it happening in like a month's time, you'll be over the feeling of dread and it would be so worth it :smile:
It's not that bad.
Reply 7
Find it funny how people are so easy to jump into it when there's been no real long term testing done.
That is your right :h:
not a big fan of needles

I'm scared of needles too but got vaccinated and it wasn't at all bad - they're not taking blood just popping the needle into the muscle of your arm and it doens't hurt more than a second
cool
not a big fan of needles

That's fine. The UK is a big place and staying in it for the next few years without a foreign holiday is not nearly as bad as people will have you believe.
i have a pretty big fear of needles and always faint or feel faint after injections. i had my covid vaccine a week and half ago and the people were great, they reassured me and put me in a separate quiet room. the actual vaccination was super quick and i didn’t even feel it, although i did feel faint afterwards a usual. the side effects will wipe you out for a day or two but it’s worth it to be protected
Original post by eyeofahurricane
i have a pretty big fear of needles and always faint or feel faint after injections. i had my covid vaccine a week and half ago and the people were great, they reassured me and put me in a separate quiet room. the actual vaccination was super quick and i didn’t even feel it, although i did feel faint afterwards a usual. the side effects will wipe you out for a day or two but it’s worth it to be protected

Not everyone gets side effects, though I personally felt a bit hot the following morning like I had a slight temperature but nothing else
I'm also not getting vaccinated. It has nothing remotely to do with fear of needles though.

It has to do with :

- deep distrust of the Pharma/vaccine industry

- the fact that the vaccines have not gone through ALL the types of testing that they normally have to go through

- the fact that the vaccines don't have regular approval, they only have Emergency Usage Authorisation

- the fact that I've had Covid and so have natural immunity which I believe is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-derived immunity

- the fact that I'm not in any of the "at risk" demographics

- the fact that 80% of Covid cases see no symptoms at all and a further percentage only see mild symptoms

- the fact that 99%+ of people survive Covid

- the fact that the total UK "Covid Deaths" are less than 0.2% of the UK population

and much more

The stats and figures simply have never warranted the level of scaremongering nonsense peddled throughout this pandemic and they are just too hell bent on getting people vaccinated for such a virus that it makes me highly suspicious of what is in the vaccines.

I'll take natural immunity every day of the week and twice on Sundays thanks.
not a big fan of needles

Loads of people dislike needles but it's really important to get vaccinated - whether it's for COVID or something else. I'm not a big fan either but there are ways to make it more bearable. I usually try and read the eye test chart that most doctors have on their wall - or if they don't have one they usually have a bunch of other posters up on their wall which you can focus on. If it's for COVID, I promise you it's hardly even noticeable. If the nurse didn't tell me she was doing it I'd hardly have noticed, it's really just a tiny little scratch. One sure thing is that it's a lot less uncomfortable getting a little needle than it is needing to go to hospital later on 😅
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
I'm also not getting vaccinated. It has nothing remotely to do with fear of needles though.

It has to do with :

- deep distrust of the Pharma/vaccine industry

- the fact that the vaccines have not gone through ALL the types of testing that they normally have to go through

- the fact that the vaccines don't have regular approval, they only have Emergency Usage Authorisation

- the fact that I've had Covid and so have natural immunity which I believe is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-derived immunity

- the fact that I'm not in any of the "at risk" demographics

- the fact that 80% of Covid cases see no symptoms at all and a further percentage only see mild symptoms

- the fact that 99%+ of people survive Covid

- the fact that the total UK "Covid Deaths" are less than 0.2% of the UK population

and much more

The stats and figures simply have never warranted the level of scaremongering nonsense peddled throughout this pandemic and they are just too hell bent on getting people vaccinated for such a virus that it makes me highly suspicious of what is in the vaccines.

I'll take natural immunity every day of the week and twice on Sundays thanks.

none of those facts are facts....?
- the covid vaccines have gone through all necessary trials to be used. the only reason it was done faster is because usually most of a trial period is spent waiting for funding and/or approval. due to the urgency of covid, this funding and approval was granted faster so there was no wasted time waiting in between trial phases.

- they do have regular approval. it was in the USA that the FDA had only granted emergency approval but now they have removed that and deemed them safe.

- 'natural immunity' is not deemed to be permanent, especially not against new variants which are emerging thanks to people like yourself not getting vaccinated.

- even if you're not at risk, plenty of people around you could be. or even if you do only care about yourself, which seems to be the case, there's still no hard and fast rule about who will be affected to what degree. there are young people who have suffered a lot from COVID and some that haven't. your best bet is to just get vaccinated.

- 1/3 of COVID cases see no symptoms - not 80%. And even so, this is literally just more reason to get vaccinated so that you are not unknowingly catching or transmitting COVID.

- Even if you don't die from COVID, you can still have severe long-term health issues which put even more strain on the NHS. Responsible people could be using those hospital beds and receiving that treatment but instead degenerates like yourself will be occupying them because you were too ignorant to get vaccinated. New variants such as Delta are also proving to be more severe so if you catch one of those and you're not vaccinated it could be worse.

- do you wanna go tell that to the families and friends of the 132K people who have died? I'm sure they'd be interested to hear about your views. I sincerely hope you don't end up as one of those people with someone close to you dying.

To put it simply, from people who know more than you (although that's not a very high standard):
- "What is clear is that the majority of hospitalizations and COVID-19-associated deaths in the U.S. are occurring in unvaccinated people, leading to a chilling warning from CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky that “this is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
https://asm.org/Articles/2021/July/How-Dangerous-is-the-Delta-Variant-B-1-617-2

- "Almost two-thirds of people under 50 who have died in England with the delta variant were unvaccinated, new figures from Public Health England show"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-news-covid-vaccine-uk-cases-deaths-delta-variant/

- "Two doses of the vaccine made by pharmaceutical company Pfizer, based in New York City, and biotechnology company BioNTech, based in Mainz, Germany, are 81% effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections. And vaccinated people who do get infected are up to 78% less likely to spread the virus to household members than are unvaccinated people. Overall, this adds up to very high protection against transmission, say researchers."
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02054-z

Latest