The Student Room Group

Am I being abandoned?

So after breaking up me and my ex stayed friends and recently we've been chatting a lot. she's been great for me as she's messaged me all the time, we talk every day, and she's like my only friend. she said a week or so ago she had made a new friend, i was worried a bit about maybe being abandoned then but nothing really happened. but now she doesn't really text me that much. we've tried to arrange to meet, she seemed keen and thta, but now she says her mum wont let her. i asked her if i'd done anything wrong and she said no. any ideas to what might be going on? Thanks
You’re not being abandoned. Friendships fizzle out sometimes, plus she is your ex. She probably wants to move on but if you get this defensive about her having a new friend, then I’m sure she knows that you won’t be happy about her getting into a relationship. You need to just step back and focus on yourself. You are a separate person and shouldn’t rely on her! Focus on yourself and make more friends etc! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm not aiming to be her boyfriend i'm just trying to be a friend
Reply 3
I am both, but i have no friends I struggle hugely with school and i'm not comfortable being alone. i'm fed up of it.
Reply 4
ok so i asked her about she reading my messages and not replying, and she says there's a problem with her phone like with her network and wifi...idk it doesn't sound genuine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending