The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Accommodation for University of Edinburgh

Hey! Erasmus student from Dublin who will be studying at the University of Edinburgh for a full year 2021/2022, but struggling to make any headway on where to pick for accommodation! Preferentially self-catered I think?Any information anyone can give would be amazing!! Thank you <3
Original post by katie.moore
Hey! Erasmus student from Dublin who will be studying at the University of Edinburgh for a full year 2021/2022, but struggling to make any headway on where to pick for accommodation! Preferentially self-catered I think?Any information anyone can give would be amazing!! Thank you <3

Hey, I'm a final year student at Edinburgh and something I would look at is what campus you'll be studying on (assuming in-person teaching is resumed) and where the halls are. As there are places like Shrubhill and Murano which are on Leith walk (which I've heard are nice accommodation blocks) but are really far away if you do science and are on the King's buildings campus. Also whether or not you want an en-suite room as they are quite a bit more expensive than just sharing a bathroom :smile:

edit: here's the accommodation services link if you haven't seen it already https://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-students/search-for-accommodation/search-results/?StudentType=2&Catering=2&RoomType=Any
(edited 2 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by megan_D1999
Hey, I'm a final year student at Edinburgh and something I would look at is what campus you'll be studying on (assuming in-person teaching is resumed) and where the halls are. As there are places like Shrubhill and Murano which are on Leith walk (which I've heard are nice accommodation blocks) but are really far away if you do science and are on the King's buildings campus. Also whether or not you want an en-suite room as they are quite a bit more expensive than just sharing a bathroom :smile:

edit: here's the accommodation services link if you haven't seen it already https://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/for-students/search-for-accommodation/search-results/?StudentType=2&Catering=2&RoomType=Any

Thank you for your reply! I'm a psychology student so I believe I'm at the normal Edinburgh campus which most of the accommodation options don't seem too far from?
Do you happen to know anything about Hermit's Croft? I'm hoping to stay somewhere that's lively enough but not too insane as sleep is valuable!
Thank you again!!
Thank you for your reply! I'm a psychology student so I believe I'm at the normal Edinburgh campus which most of the accommodation options don't seem too far from?
Do you happen to know anything about Hermit's Croft? I'm hoping to stay somewhere that's lively enough but not too insane as sleep is valuable!
Thank you again!!

Hey! I don't unfortunately but there may be other threads with people's opinions and info on the accommodation :smile:
Reply 4

Hi! I'm also from Dublin and supposed to be going to Edinburgh on erasmus for 2021/2022. Just wondering did you get anywhere with the accommodation? And hopefully this doesn't seem creepy but would you like to get in contact as it might be nice to know people from home going? If you would feel free to dm me on this (i think that you can send dms anyway?!) : )

Quick Reply

Latest