The Student Room Group

please advice to go tu uni for finance

Hey there, I left my studies at an early age and didnt finish my last year of GCSE. Now Im doing a year of GCSE in Maths and English. I always used to be good at maths but for problems that my family was going trough I couldnt finish college. Im a bit disoriented and trying to make applications for access to higher education courses with mathematics and finance in London but it's being hard for me to find them. Could someone help me in the best access to higher education and what subjects would help me the most to access a career in finance? Thank you
What career in finance are you looking to get?

If it's within the UK finance sector, chances are you won't even need a degree. It's usually the professional qualifications and experience that matter more.

I do recommend finishing the GCSEs though, since they are kind of essential.
If you want to go to uni for finance, you're going to need GCSEs and decent A-Levels/BTECs/IB.
Original post by anonuser99
If you want to go to uni for finance, you're going to need GCSEs and decent A-Levels/BTECs/IB.

I'm not sure what would help me more, if, BTEC, Acces course or doing A levels classes for adults..
Original post by makeithappen1111
I'm not sure what would help me more, if, BTEC, Acces course or doing A levels classes for adults..

It will depend on the degree, but I atill recommend looking at ther specific job first. If you have problems deciding, I recommend checking out National Careers Service for a broad overview.
Original post by MindMax2000
It will depend on the degree, but I atill recommend looking at ther specific job first. If you have problems deciding, I recommend checking out National Careers Service for a broad overview.

I disagree with this. If you're trying to pursue university, then it is enough to know the general area you want to study. You can find a specific job later (you have 3-4 years for that).

Original post by makeithappen1111

I have no idea, unfortunately. I know that at the normal uni age (18), A-Levels are most common but I'm not sure how it works for mature students. A-Levels are a safe bet but I do not know what other routes are available.
I disagree with this. If you're trying to pursue university, then it is enough to know the general area you want to study. You can find a specific job later (you have 3-4 years for that).

I have no idea, unfortunately. I know that at the normal uni age (18), A-Levels are most common but I'm not sure how it works for mature students. A-Levels are a safe bet but I do not know what other routes are available.

thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending