Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I just wanna try this out, been seeing a lot of other threads here lately. I don't want my thoughts here linked to my username - not right now at least.

Just gonna add my thoughts here - although it will be heavily filtered by my own mind. Well... let's try it I guess.

This is a test. This thread is not aimed at anyone in particular - nor intended to be read by anyone else - it's just for me. The reason why I didn't simply write up notes in private is because I know I would quickly abandon it. By posting this here, I'm gonna feel obligated at least to contribute for a while.

My inner monologue - as I type this out - is already telling me that:

You can't say X or Y or Z etc. you're gonna creep everyone out.

Am I? Surely it's not that bad? I mean you know as well as I do, TSR is already full of mentally unstable outcasts anyway. So what if I'm just one more?

Yes... but your mind is just downright disturbing. Hey, I'm just trying to protect you. If you don't believe me, why don't you write about some of the dreams you've had? You can't can you? You know what'll happen.

Okay - we've got that meeting coming up, let's just leave it at that for now, perhaps in the next post we can write about something you and I both agree on? Work with me here?

We'll see.
nnth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
TSR is already full of mentally unstable outcasts anyway.
Interesting... What's the purpose of this post?
StopRightThere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just wanna try this out, been seeing a lot of other threads here lately. I don't want my thoughts here linked to my username - not right now at least.

Just gonna add my thoughts here - although it will be heavily filtered by my own mind. Well... let's try it I guess.

This is a test. This thread is not aimed at anyone in particular - nor intended to be read by anyone else - it's just for me. The reason why I didn't simply write up notes in private is because I know I would quickly abandon it. By posting this here, I'm gonna feel obligated at least to contribute for a while.

Am I? Surely it's not that bad? I mean you know as well as I do, TSR is already full of mentally unstable outcasts anyway. So what if I'm just one more?

Yes... but your mind is just downright disturbing. Hey, I'm just trying to protect you. If you don't believe me, why don't you write about some of the dreams you've had? You can't can you? You know what'll happen.

Okay - we've got that meeting coming up, let's just leave it at that for now, perhaps in the next post we can write about something you and I both agree on? Work with me here?

We'll see.
I am quite intrigued. This honestly sounds like the beginning of a really good novel. Off-topic but, have you ever considered writing books?
username5618834
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

We'll see.
I wonder who you are.
Anonymous #1
There was no meeting. I've logged 3 hours and left a comment on what I've done so far.

Ugh, that was such a cringe call earlier wasn't it? Do you really think we can keep up this pretence?

It's a new start for me. I've had good feedback from my manager. I really want this to work out. Please don't **** things up for us? Work with me here. At least, give it a few weeks anyway.

Can't promise you ****, you know that already, but as always we'll see.

Oh **** - he just messaged us! He apologised for not calling earlier due to meetings. Please go easy, I really think he's genuine and trying to be helpful. He doesn't seem to be deceiving me or anything.

It's too early for me to tell actually. You might have a point there, let's give it a few weeks. Besides, I also want to meet your new team and see how you manage them. That's gonna be interesting...

I am panicking a bit, you know that. But, did you notice that one of them seems to be a bit quiet? Perhaps we can work with that. But yeah, still early days.

Right, you need to switch off work now. Go for a smoke, grab a drink, get the Xbox going.

What about TSR?

**** it. Remember we did a little test the other week, you stopped for a while and just focused on work and a bit of gaming and reading - no problems right?

Yeah it wasn't too bad I guess. Alright fair enough - it's almost 17:30 now anyway.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by nnth)
Interesting... What's the purpose of this post?
(Original post by StopRightThere)
I am quite intrigued. This honestly sounds like the beginning of a really good novel. Off-topic but, have you ever considered writing books?
It's just a conversation between myself and my inner monologue. Written down. There's no purpose to it that I can think of right now. When I find out, I will let you know.
StopRightThere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's just a conversation between myself and my inner monologue. Written down. There's no purpose to it that I can think of right now. When I find out, I will let you know.
Seriously, the book writing thing, I would love to read a novel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (164)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (495)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (378)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (471)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (162)
4.81%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (206)
6.11%
Loneliness (286)
8.49%
Financial worries (120)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (135)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (153)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (183)
5.43%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (301)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.35%

Watched Threads