Help
nnth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jessica.pmh)
Help
I'm confused, what do you need help with?
Jessica.pmh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I need to write a story that is worth 40 marks it has to include supernatural events or has to leave readers with unanswered questions
Jessica.pmh
Rep:
?
It needs to be like a mystery I only need like a rough idea sort of like a blurb
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It needs to be like a mystery I only need like a rough idea sort of like a blurb
A boy claims he is his own grandfather reincarnated. He was born after his grandfather died and yet tells his parents details about the grandfather he cannot possibly have known. His grandfather was a WWII pilot and this boy knows the name of specific fighter jets and military aircraft without anyone telling him about them. His parents are confused and don't know who to turn to.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a list of ideas

One day you wake up and see a unexpected birthday present on the doorstep
One day you are at a local pumpkin patch but there are no pumpkins to pick
One weekday afternoon you hear voices yet everyone else is out or sleeping
You are on holiday, your passport goes missing and nobody seems to know anything
You arrive at your favourite teashop to find it has closed up suddenly forever without warning
At a city funfair you discover why you actually have no cash to spend
You decide to go to a popular bookshop to learn that it has burned down overnight
You make a trip to a decent garden centre and then are told the place got robbed
Your oldest child is extremely sick and no doctor can give you a good quality explanation
You pull into the car park of a service station and find that no food is offered to people
There are no toy shops in the town where you are on vacation so consider what to do next
Jessica.pmh
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot but I think a murder mystery type story would work best but I’m struggling to make a storyline
nnth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks a lot but I think a murder mystery type story would work best but I’m struggling to make a storyline
Murder mystery? There have been many mysterious deaths in the past in real life so you could base it on one of those. For example, the way Marylin Monroe died was quite mysterious, or maybe the disappearance of Mary Celeste
evelambert01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if anyone has one a 40 mark answer would be amazing to understand the higher level structure
anonymous063
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I need to write a story that is worth 40 marks it has to include supernatural events or has to leave readers with unanswered questions
what did u end up writing
jibhushbend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aired
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When I was about 7 years old, I had a dream that I got smashed in the jaw with the wooden seat of a swing in the children's playground.

The next day, exactly that happened. I got f**kked up & hospitalised.

Explain that.
I am hungry
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
When I was about 7 years old, I had a dream that I got smashed in the jaw with the wooden seat of a swing in the children's playground.

The next day, exactly that happened. I got f**kked up & hospitalised.

Explain that.
wait actually?
I am hungry
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what aqa paper is it from? what year
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by I am hungry)
wait actually?
Yep. I don't believe in supernatural stuff, but that weirded me out for a few years.

I think it was just coincidence. Nothing like it has ever happened again.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by I am hungry)
what aqa paper is it from? what year
Paul-Skinback
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
This was my attempt of it...

Numinous, obscure, mystical: I gazed at the lonely starry sky above. Silence. The only noise came from the icy breeze, which blew through the myriad of ancient oak and the maze of aged houses where the shattered windows and the desolate, darkened rooms masked the evil within.

Taking a controlled deep breath while sweat dripped down from my forehead to my rosy cheeks and falling gracefully to the dead crunchy leaves beneath where I was standing. I gulped, “should I just go back”.

A thick fog began to permeate the sky, limiting my vision to only close surroundings and blocking out the glare from the moon. Wrapped up in my dirty, shaggy coat with broken black buttons descending down the front keeping away the winter chill. Wearing thick trousers as black as coal, leather boots lined with fur. I squeezed past a couple of huddled trees, but then had to free my foot from a tangle of nettles. My attention distracted for a moment while I freed myself and also kept my balance with one hand firmly placed against the damp bark.

I caught sight of a curious-looking structure set a few feet from my location. Laying in the ground and hidden away from civilisation it looked as though it had not been touched for over a hundred years. An old stone trough or even an ancient grave I thought to myself? The structure rose a foot from the ground and where it was covered in moss - there were flakes of stone peeling away after years of rain, damp and cold. Approaching, carefully stepping one foot over the other, but the sound of a twig breaking under my foot forced me to freeze. A sense of fear had come over me. Shivers treacled down my spine like a steady stream of blood. Darkness strangled me, keeping my hands stiffly hugging the inside of my pockets.

After counting to three I gathered myself and started to walk again, this time with a more urgent manner. An abhorrent oder creeped through my nose forcing me to jog. Tripping up.

Remembering driving; the wind caressing my face. Happiness filled my lungs, passing the corn fields and the fresh smell of an Autumn day soothed me. The bright sun beaming down on the gravel road, birds sang hymns in the ancient oak trees.

Getting back up off the ground, my head, still spinning like an antique globe. Enough was enough. I started running, running through the tangled branches. Building up more and more speed, my legs struggling to keep up with my intentions.

I have arrived.

I would love feedback

(GCSE level)
Carla72626171
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Do you reckon you would be able to do something with mental health? Like mania or schizophrenia that cannot be explained as no one understands
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (94)
71.76%
No (37)
28.24%

Watched Threads