Write a story about an event that cannot be explained

Watch this thread
Jessica.pmh
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Help
nnth
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jessica.pmh)
Help
I'm confused, what do you need help with?
Jessica.pmh
Rep:
I need to write a story that is worth 40 marks it has to include supernatural events or has to leave readers with unanswered questions
Jessica.pmh
Rep:
It needs to be like a mystery I only need like a rough idea sort of like a blurb
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It needs to be like a mystery I only need like a rough idea sort of like a blurb
A boy claims he is his own grandfather reincarnated. He was born after his grandfather died and yet tells his parents details about the grandfather he cannot possibly have known. His grandfather was a WWII pilot and this boy knows the name of specific fighter jets and military aircraft without anyone telling him about them. His parents are confused and don't know who to turn to.
tinygirl96
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This is a list of ideas

One day you wake up and see a unexpected birthday present on the doorstep
One day you are at a local pumpkin patch but there are no pumpkins to pick
One weekday afternoon you hear voices yet everyone else is out or sleeping
You are on holiday, your passport goes missing and nobody seems to know anything
You arrive at your favourite teashop to find it has closed up suddenly forever without warning
At a city funfair you discover why you actually have no cash to spend
You decide to go to a popular bookshop to learn that it has burned down overnight
You make a trip to a decent garden centre and then are told the place got robbed
Your oldest child is extremely sick and no doctor can give you a good quality explanation
You pull into the car park of a service station and find that no food is offered to people
There are no toy shops in the town where you are on vacation so consider what to do next
Jessica.pmh
Rep:
Thanks a lot but I think a murder mystery type story would work best but I’m struggling to make a storyline
nnth
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thanks a lot but I think a murder mystery type story would work best but I’m struggling to make a storyline
Murder mystery? There have been many mysterious deaths in the past in real life so you could base it on one of those. For example, the way Marylin Monroe died was quite mysterious, or maybe the disappearance of Mary Celeste
evelambert01
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
if anyone has one a 40 mark answer would be amazing to understand the higher level structure
anonymous063
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I need to write a story that is worth 40 marks it has to include supernatural events or has to leave readers with unanswered questions
what did u end up writing
jibhushbend
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Aired
NonIndigenous
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
When I was about 7 years old, I had a dream that I got smashed in the jaw with the wooden seat of a swing in the children's playground.

The next day, exactly that happened. I got f**kked up & hospitalised.

Explain that.
I am hungry
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
When I was about 7 years old, I had a dream that I got smashed in the jaw with the wooden seat of a swing in the children's playground.

The next day, exactly that happened. I got f**kked up & hospitalised.

Explain that.
wait actually?
I am hungry
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
what aqa paper is it from? what year
NonIndigenous
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by I am hungry)
wait actually?
Yep. I don't believe in supernatural stuff, but that weirded me out for a few years.

I think it was just coincidence. Nothing like it has ever happened again.
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by I am hungry)
what aqa paper is it from? what year
Carla72626171
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Do you reckon you would be able to do something with mental health? Like mania or schizophrenia that cannot be explained as no one understands
CJ05
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This is GCSEs right?
CJ05
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This is GCSEs right?
CJ05
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I may be too late, but you could do (or for anyone else that is struggling):
A girl walking through the graveyard visiting her deceased parents or something (you could also try to link their death to her attempted murder) she sees a ghostly figure and believes it looks similar to a family member (say her mother or something or even just a random little girl), follows it but then falls into a hole. She then realises the hole she fell into was her own graveyard with her name written on the headstone and everything.
And then maybe you could say after that she gets saved after by some random visitors, but she never did find out who was the one that tried to kill her. Or you could allude to the fact that there may have been a serial killer around at the time of her visit (maybe the cemetery caretaker or a sexton or something).
To include structure:
use sentence structures (etc complex/compound), flashbacks, flashforwards (prolepsis), cyclical structure, present/past tense, temporal references, withholding information, pace, dialogue and shifts in ideas and perspectives (etc going from outside to inside)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (270)
42.39%
The paper was reasonable (262)
41.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.38%

Watched Threads