mozino111
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi guys i dont understand the last piece of working out could someone explain it to me please?
Joshwoods01
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
don't think your attachment worked
mozino111
Rep:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gwOq2LKfF.../Picture14.png

this is the link
mozino111
Rep:
i dont understand from 2+k onwards could someone explain to me how they got this please?
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mozino111)
i dont understand from 2+k onwards could someone explain to me how they got this please?
2 + k = 6k
So minus k from each side gives us
2 = 5k
Then we can divide by 5 to find what k is (2/5)
Cat?
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You know that \vec{NP}=(-2-k)\mathbf{a}+k\mathbf{b} and \vec{NM}=-3\mathbf{a} +\dfrac{1}{2}\mathbf{b}

Since you know that \vec{NP} is a fraction of \vec{NM} you can write \vec{NP} = t\vec{NM} such that 0<t<1

Therefore (-2-k)\mathbf{a}+k\mathbf{b} = -3t\mathbf{a} + \dfrac{t}{2}\mathbf{b}

You can then compare the \mathbf{a} component and \mathbf{b} component to get a pair of simultaneous equations with two unknowns. You're not looking for t so you can eliminate it and solve for k
mozino111
Rep:
(Original post by Joshwoods01)
don't think your attachment worked
hi, i uploaded a link to the image
mozino111
Rep:
(Original post by laurawatt)
2 + k = 6k
So minus k from each side gives us
2 = 5k
Then we can divide by 5 to find what k is (2/5)
hi i meant that i dont understand where the 2+k/3 came from
mozino111
Rep:
im ot sure how they got 2+k/3 =k/1/2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (93)
67.88%
No (29)
21.17%
I didn't use it to prepare (15)
10.95%

Watched Threads