Anyone else struggling with Edexcel A level Geography?

Watch
Bus22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Just wanted to ask how you guys cope with the high amount of work and all of the case studies you need to know for geography? Do you have any tips for doing this?
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bus22)
Just wanted to ask how you guys cope with the high amount of work and all of the case studies you need to know for geography? Do you have any tips for doing this?
Hi! I am also taking a-level geography but for OCR. I literally counted and there's like over 30+ case studies in my course :eek: What I did was tried to condense the case studies, as lets be real... geography has toooooo much content and it's (sort of) impossible to remember everything. I then made flashcards with all of my case studies. After I studied them, I then make a memory mind map and wrote everything I could remember from them.

That is what I did for my mocks and somehow I managed to remember all of them! Hope this helps.
Bus22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
Hi! I am also taking a-level geography but for OCR. I literally counted and there's like over 30+ case studies in my course :eek: What I did was tried to condense the case studies, as lets be real... geography has toooooo much content and it's (sort of) impossible to remember everything. I then made flashcards with all of my case studies. After I studied them, I then make a memory mind map and wrote everything I could remember from them.

That is what I did for my mocks and somehow I managed to remember all of them! Hope this helps.
Thank you for reply! I think I had to wait for the shock to wear down about the amount of content and I think I'm slowly getting used to remembering everything ahahahah. Thank you for your suggestions! I summarised my case studies on flash cards too and that seems to be working. The case studies from Year 1 are already soooo many, I don't even want to think about the content we'll get in Year 2! Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
37.29%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.25%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.47%

Watched Threads