Can you do funded L2 after a L3?

Watch this thread
Mumofteens
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
Posting for advice. My daughter is just finishing a L3 in travel and tourism. She was 18 in December.
Due to the pandemic she wants to change her career path and start a L2 childcare in sept (after completion of current course) I don’t think she can get this funded as already has a L2 in T & T and by then will also have a L3. She is convinced it will be funded as she will be u19 at the start of the course. I have spoken to the college and they didn’t know!
Anyone been in this situation? We are in Devon.
GatoMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mumofteens)
Hi
Posting for advice. My daughter is just finishing a L3 in travel and tourism. She was 18 in December.
Due to the pandemic she wants to change her career path and start a L2 childcare in sept (after completion of current course) I don’t think she can get this funded as already has a L2 in T & T and by then will also have a L3. She is convinced it will be funded as she will be u19 at the start of the course. I have spoken to the college and they didn’t know!
Anyone been in this situation? We are in Devon.
You said that you've spoken to the college and they didn't know about it. Who exactly did you speak to? Course leader / tutor? Or, was it to someone in the administration office? The admin should know about it - not the course leader/tutors.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I believe they can fund it yes, however not 100%
My cousin started a level 2 at 18 and it was funded for.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
100% sure*
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
ask student finance
GatoMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I believe they can fund it yes, however not 100%
My cousin started a level 2 at 18 and it was funded for.
Yes, all of them can, but this is a different case. Going from L3 to L2
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GatoMessi)
Yes, all of them can, but this is a different case. Going from L3 to L2
idk, my cousin had went from level 2 in one college to another level 2 in a second college. OP should ask the college departments again, I mean they should know how financing works considering they hand out the qualifications
Mumofteens
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by GatoMessi)
You said that you've spoken to the college and they didn't know about it. Who exactly did you speak to? Course leader / tutor? Or, was it to someone in the administration office? The admin should know about it - not the course leader/tutors.
It was the finance department! I know, no words 😱
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (281)
41.57%
The paper was reasonable (282)
41.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (62)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
7.54%

Watched Threads