The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Masters at Uni of Sussex '21

I'm having offers to study 1) MA Conflict, Security and Development 2) MA Poverty and Development.
I'm thinking of firming Sussex, I'd like to meet people who are planning to go to Sussex this Sept. Also is there any suggested accommodation for postgraduate students?

If there is any particular external or internal scholarship I should look out for, please do let me know.
Original post by amss27
I'm having offers to study 1) MA Conflict, Security and Development 2) MA Poverty and Development.
I'm thinking of firming Sussex, I'd like to meet people who are planning to go to Sussex this Sept. Also is there any suggested accommodation for postgraduate students?

If there is any particular external or internal scholarship I should look out for, please do let me know.

Hello, thank you for all your questions,

In terms of on-campus accommodation, there is no particular type, recommended especially for postgraduate students. You will be able to apply for any of the available options. Please see this web-page for the list of current on-campus flats: Sussex On-campus Accommodation. However, you will be able to specify on your application whether you would like to live with mature students (over the age of 21), or with flat mates of the same gender as yourself. Also, some of the factors that you might want to think about when choosing where to live include: the price (en-suite flats are significantly more expensive than non-ensuite), how many people you would like to live with (between 5-12 flat-mates) and the location of the accommodation (e.g.,whether you would like to live near the train station, or in centre of the campus and so on). Let me know if you have any questions about any of the specific lats. Myself I have lived in Northfield, Lewes Court and Kent House, so I would be able to share my experience, with regard to these options.

To search for any available scholarships at Sussex, please see this web-page: Find Master Scholarship. You will need to search by entering the specific Master programme. If you have any queries, concerning scholarships, please email: [email protected]. Of course, you can also direct the questions to myself, and I would be more than happy to answer them, to the best of my knowledge.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by amss27

Hey @amss27 :smile: As my colleague Kasia has said, there isn't a specific or particular accommodation for postgraduate students which means you can choose from a range of different options across campus. This doesn't mean however that you need to share accommodation with undergraduate students if this is a concern, as you can request to live with other postgrad students when completing the application form.

I've also lived in Northfield during my 1st year and I've rented in Brighton in my two subsequent years as a Sussex student, so if you had any questions about these I'd be more than happy to help!

- Isthiak (BA History with Proficiency in Arabic, with a Professional Placement Year)

Quick Reply

Latest