The Student Room Group

A Level Practice Question - Death of a Salesman

How would I answer this question?

Explore the view that Willy Loman's tragic flaw is his inability to connect with others?
Original post by SueMcGarvey
How would I answer this question?

Explore the view that Willy Loman's tragic flaw is his inability to connect with others?

I like to start by breaking down the question. In my experience 'Explore' generally mean give points for and against but you don't need to give your own opinion (you might want to double check that but that's how I answer them). Think about what a tragic flaw is, what makes a flaw tragic. Think about why this character may not appear to connect to others, how does he act around people and how does he react to others.e.t.c.
I personally haven't actually read Death Of A Salesman so sorry I can't be more specific but I hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by mytharchaeo
I like to start by breaking down the question. In my experience 'Explore' generally mean give points for and against but you don't need to give your own opinion (you might want to double check that but that's how I answer them). Think about what a tragic flaw is, what makes a flaw tragic. Think about why this character may not appear to connect to others, how does he act around people and how does he react to others.e.t.c.
I personally haven't actually read Death Of A Salesman so sorry I can't be more specific but I hope this helps.

Thank you for the advice !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending