The Student Room Group

Why do I feel like I have a bad personality?

I feel like I have a bad personality, I mean I have social anxiety and a lot of insecurities, so I know that explains it, but if anyone could give any advice on how to make my personality better Id appreciate it.
Original post by x_anonymous_x
I feel like I have a bad personality, I mean I have social anxiety and a lot of insecurities, so I know that explains it, but if anyone could give any advice on how to make my personality better Id appreciate it.

Well, what about your personality do you think is bad? It can't be all bad! You should write down the behaviours you do which you think is bad, and try to phase them out one at a time. Don't try to change who you are completely because it'll be hard and you'll most likely revert back. Just trust yourself and remember that you're not as bad as you think you are, good luck with everything :smile:

Study the Quran; guidance from your creator will help you get back in touch with reality and change your life, insha Allah
Sakuraaaaaa gave good advise. Try to identify your traits which you don't like so much and take steps in order to overcome them. I've been effected by anxiety too and have been able to control it a bit better with time - for anxiety, learning your triggers is a good place to start, once you know what they are you can begin to try and tackle them
Original post by Sakuraaaaaa
Well, what about your personality do you think is bad? It can't be all bad! You should write down the behaviours you do which you think is bad, and try to phase them out one at a time. Don't try to change who you are completely because it'll be hard and you'll most likely revert back. Just trust yourself and remember that you're not as bad as you think you are, good luck with everything :smile:

I don't really know any tho, like I just regret stuff from some years ago
I don't really know any tho, like I just regret stuff from some years ago

Well, it's good to feel regret but not overly. It's good to feel it because at least you know that what happened was wrong and you know that you made a mistake, wouldn't you say that's much better than not seeing the issue at all?! But basically, what you need to do is take the regret and use it to find what you did wrong, write it down somewhere and make sure you don't do it again so you don't have anything to regret in the future. The point of making mistakes is to learn from them (as cliche as it sounds, it's true!!).
Don't beat yourself up forever about the past, just know what you did wrong and try your best to be better and not do it again. I truly believe in you :biggrin:
Original post by Sakuraaaaaa
Well, it's good to feel regret but not overly. It's good to feel it because at least you know that what happened was wrong and you know that you made a mistake, wouldn't you say that's much better than not seeing the issue at all?! But basically, what you need to do is take the regret and use it to find what you did wrong, write it down somewhere and make sure you don't do it again so you don't have anything to regret in the future. The point of making mistakes is to learn from them (as cliche as it sounds, it's true!!).
Don't beat yourself up forever about the past, just know what you did wrong and try your best to be better and not do it again. I truly believe in you :biggrin:

Thankyou it just made me so upset and embarrassed and cringed and I feel so anxious and bad about it :frown: But this definitely helps :smile:
Thankyou it just made me so upset and embarrassed and cringed and I feel so anxious and bad about it :frown: But this definitely helps :smile:

Please keep me updated on your progress, okay? You can pm me anytime!! Wishing you the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest